1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted! Western uni-mount mvp,will travel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Dirtboy953B, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

I'm looking for a western uni-mount MVP,I do not need a mounting bracket just the plow side,wiring harness and controller would be nice too but not a must.thanks Joe

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

3. GreenerConcepts

GreenerConcepts Junior Member

I have a 2005 Uni-Mount 8' 6" plow that came off of a 2005 GMC2500. The plow was never used but it sat outside since then. The only thing this plow needs is 2 angle cylinders because they are pitted with rust from sitting for so many years without use.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Price^^^^

And It's either an Ultra, or not an 05. 02-03 season was the last for Unimounts ;)

5. GreenerConcepts

It's not an ultra. It's a uni. It came off of a 2005 gmc 2500. It was bought new and installed in 2005 from a western dealer.

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Then it is a morphadite.

2005 GMC requires a 3 plug iso. mod. for the headlights and controls to work. Unimounts were never built with 3 plug.

Uni-Mounts were only built until 2002, with a few that trickled into 2003. Right around that time, they were 50th Anniversary plows. I have one of each. I have a unimount 50th ann. and a ultramount 50th ann. both are 2 pluggers.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Amen brother. And infact, I converted my 50th to a 3 plug to run on my 05. Something doesn't add up ;)

8. GreenerConcepts

I can't and wont't argue with either or you gentleman because I simply don't have the in depth knowledge that you have. All I know is that it was taken off of a 2005 GMC 2500 with a Duramax Diesel. The plow was bought new that year and installed on the truck by the dealer. Maybe the plow was left over, but it was new in 2005 when it was bought.

9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not to worry. We live and breathe Westerns, especially used ones. Anything is possible, and a leftover could explain it, especially if they converted it. You just have no idea how many people we run across trying to make a sale by saying their plow is only a few years old when it's virtually impossible. Had I bought a new 05 Dmax, had the dealer install a new plow and it came back with a Unimount in 05, I'd have been pissed. Ultras were around for 3 years at the time. I like Unimounts, but I would have wanted the newest, top of the line plow available.

10. GreenerConcepts

I'm just trying to get rid of it because I have all ultra mounts and I want to purchase a new wide out.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Try to list it here in the market place. I doubt the OP in the thread is interested since it's from January and he has yet to respond to any of us LOL

12. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

greener what you looking to get out of the mvp?

13. GreenerConcepts

$3500.00 complete with plow frame, wiring harness, and plow. The plow was really only used once several years ago. I can take pictures of it today or tomorrow and email or post them to you so you can see for yourself. There is no visible wear on the original cutting edges. Where in NJ are you? You can come and see it if you want to next week.