1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted- Used Timbren for 98 Silverado-GMFK35C

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CP Paul, Oct 14, 2010.

1. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

I have a 98 Silverado, standard cab, short box.
    Want to put on some Timbren's this season but, I find the new ones expensive for what they are; especially for an older truck.

Timbren part# is GMFK35C

If you got these let me know and how much you think is fair.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've got a new set of monroes that should fit your truck for $40 plus shipping. I can dig them out and get you a pic if you want. They are fronts only.

3. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

The shocks I have seem very good, I don't see me needing to replace them.
    Timbrens would stop the 'lag' and front shake of lifting the plow just enough to clear and push over lawns. Without them I can't just lift the plow an inch or two and be sure that its right. Not sure how shocks would do that; even air shocks. Need a firm, exact lift!

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I have a set for a 2006 silverado 1500.... dont know if they'll fit or not...

5. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Thanks Tripple L, I looked at the diagrams and parts list for both assemblies.
    They share the same rubber bushing but the other parts don't match. The one I need has a special bracket and bolts, etc. Without those its a no-go.
    Your part no. is GMFK15A
    ....Thanks though...

6. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Guess I should have been more specific, Monroe Muscle lse elastomer springs (like timbrens)

[​IMG]

7. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

You want to sell these that are in the picture? Would they do the same thing as timbrens?

8. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I was offering them to paul but if he doesn't want them your more than welcome to them. I am missing one of the large washers though. This pic is from a set I sold last year, I found another set out in the shop that is missing 1 washer.

9. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

X.System, well I might be interested but, I don't know what the part no. is for the assembly so I can find out if it will fit on my truck? Since the suspension is different enough that the Timbrens won't work, wouldn't think that it will go. Ya never know though.
    Then if it will fit, just need to know how much it will cost for the washer and if I can get it around here.
    Then if it will work, the price would be cool.

10. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I called monroe Friday and they don't make these any longer and could not dig up any old info. Your more than welcome to try though, the part # is 442MM.

I sold an identical kit last year and they fit the 88-98 gm 1500/2500 model. The washer needed is 3/8" thick by 3" across.

11. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

cool. let me not if he doesnt want them. i will pick them up for sure if he turns them down

12. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Thanks for the info but, I'm gonna pass. Just don't have extra time right now to make a washer 3/8" thick and everything.
    Thanks anyways

13. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

a set of timbrens is only 190 bucks

14. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Ya I know but, like others have said I think that's too much for what they are. And for an older truck, used is just fine.
    Don't mind paying for good money for stuff that is worth it.
    I may have to go with new though unless I find a used set.

15. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

i hear ya good luck

16. x.system

x.system Senior Member

Sent you a PM with payment info.

17. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

not sure what a pm is....didnt see anything when i logged into my profile...

18. Tracy89

Tracy89 Senior Member
    from Maine

i was just kidding haha i figured it out sent you a message

19. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

Anyone? Anyone got Timbrens for my truck, part# is GMFK35C?
    I realize this is probably a poor time of the year to try and find some...

20. CP Paul

CP Paul Member

I have a 98 Silverado, standard cab, short box.
    Want to put on some Timbren's this season but, I find the new ones expensive for what they are; especially for an older truck.

Timbren part# is GMFK35C

If you got these let me know and how much you think is fair.

Thanks,
    Paul