1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted Used Meyers Spreader Control

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by VMAN, Dec 15, 2003.

1. VMAN

VMAN Junior Member

LOOKING FOR USED MEYERS SPREADER CONTROL AND WIRING HARNESS. I HAVE AN OLDER STYLE MEYERS SPREADER THAT NEEDS WIRING AND CONTROL. PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I have a fleet of 85-87 GMC Pick-ups with Meyers 36000 Mini-Spreaders. I make the complete harness from 10 gauge wire with a 30amp in-line fuse and a 30amp dash-mounted rocker switch. The entire assembly costs about 60.00 in parts and is heavier than most store bought stuff. Some people might say the only draw back is there is no variable speed, just on-off, but I am not fond of variable speed anyway, just more to go wrong. If you need one you can email me at njplowman@hotmail.com and I can make one uo for you.

Steve

3. VMAN

VMAN Junior Member

Thanks for the response but I dont know if that would work for me. I have the same spreader and I have never used one before. I'm a newbie. I think I need the variable speed control to control the width of salt spreaded so I dont blast parked cars in parking lots. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig