1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted unimount mpunt for 97 ford f150

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieselfreak, Jun 21, 2009.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

hello i need a unimount mount for a 97 ford f150 4x4 off road package and a wiring harness if any one has it please let me know i am trying to find to put on my friends truck but cant find it anywhere. thanks mckenzie

and he bought a sport utility plow for $200 from one of his friends will this mount up to the 97 mount because i know that for an f150 its suppost to have a standard or lsx plow and i dont know if all plows on the unimount system are interchangable.

2. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

usually unimount plows are all interchangeable unless someone did some customizing. i might know someone that has a mount an wiring for this truck, i'll talk to them an let you know.

3. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

thanks man i appreciate all the help

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yes it will mount right up with the right mount for the truck. All Unimount mounting is the same. The only difference is mold board size. Sport Ut's are 6'6". Lsx's are 7'2", and Std's are 7'6".

It's a pretty small plow for that truck, usually those go on Jeeps and stuff.................but for the price I'd have grabbed it too.

I have a used harness I'll sell for $150 shipped complete with power harness, relays and seloniod. I have used joysticks available too.

5. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

yea i know its small for the truck my friend is adding the snow gathers to the sides and the harness works right?

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The good part about a Sport Utility is that they use the same pump as every other Unimount plow. You can beef them up and the pump will still handle the weight. As for the harness, yes, it's the correct one. I buy/sell/install used plows and equpt. If you buy a joystick with the harness complete, just add $100. I'll throw in a mounting bracket too.

7. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

ok the harness is good my friend already has the controls but are u talking about the unimount bracket for the truck or just the joystick bracket?