1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted Swisher Snow Plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by MAR4CARS, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I need a Swisher plow for my ATV. Anyone got one they are selling?

2. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Why are you putting a Swisher on it if you dont mind me asking? They dont last vary long.:confused:

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I already have their mount and have used the bucket a few times for personal use not in my business i was originally going to get a cross country plow and fab/weld mounts to go onto the swisher mount but all the guys in my ATV club keep telling me that the Swisher plow is good.

4. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

Ya that's true i guess it a depends on your own opinion.I had one originally but i used it commercially and it lasted only a few storms before it was a screwed up. So then i went out and got a cycle country plow, but if i was to get a new one, which is unlikely for a while, I would defiantly go with a Moose.

5. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

I will be using it for sidewalks at some of my accounts.

6. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

Ya then that shouldn't screw it up. Mine got screwed up because there was a few hidden surprises under the snow and it crumpled like a beer can. So wht do you have just the bucket att. and you want the plow

7. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Yes just the bucket which is great on mulch jobs.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I had the swisher mount on my old quad and I liked it because the front of the mount when the plow is on it doesnt sway liek moose and cycle country. but I had a tractor plow on my swisher mount. I focused my plow mount on my new one because I didnt want to front to sway all over.

9. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

:dizzy:
    I don't know what your talking a Moose sways, none of my 3 do!!!!! I think you ate 1 too many tail pipes!!!ROTFFLMAO:confused:

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

my buddy with a foreman has a moose on his and his sways. but idk how he plows. knowing him he probably smacks banks and stuff.

11. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

mine sways but its only held on by maybe 2 clamps. its holden strong lol

12. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Which Moose mount is he running the Old style Pin's through the Tubes or the New Style that has the Low profile mounting plate.

My old style with the Pins through the Tubes did sway some, and really swayed alot when I only have one pin in. On the New style with the low profile mount my blade dosn't have near the sway of the old mounting system at all