1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted snow plow 7' 6"

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, I may need a plow for my 1995 F-150. I'm looking at some jobs now, and if I get them I will be making enough money. Just trying to get my feet wet this year. As stated I need a 7 foot 6 inch plow, with a complete setup. Not picky about brand, show me what you got. I would prefer that it would be working properly. I was hoping to spend only around $1000, maybe a bit more. Any one in Wisconsin have anything? Norther Illinois would be alright too. Like I said, I may not need one, but wanted to see what was available. Thanks, Brant.

2. Brant'sLawnCare

bump.... anyone?

3. Brant'sLawnCare

bump again....

4. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

Ive got a 1 year old western ultra mount pro 7'6" for sale in Port Washington. It still looks brand . Likely more than you want to spend but let me know if you are interested

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Hi, thanks for the offer. I think that that is a little out of my price range. That's probably worth $3000, or so? I just need something that's cheap but works, this being my first year. I hope that you sell it. By the way Snowbrdr360, do you know about how much it would cost to get a plow mounted to a truck? I was thinking around $500? Does this sound about right?

Thanks,
    Brant

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

couple things to think about, for a thousand bucks your not going to find a decient plow, you might have more trouble fixing the old plow when it breaks then its worth.

your better off spending the little extra to find a decient plow, esp if your thinking of doing this every winter, you mine as well buy something you wont have to replace in a year.

as for the cost to install a plow on the truck, all depends who you have do it, i only paid like 250 to have mine installed, so shop around and see who has the best price for installs.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

That's probably true. But I don't have more than $1000 to pay for it. Unless I would take out a loan or something. Is that a good idea? I could probably pay it off by next winter for sure.

8. Brant'sLawnCare

bump! Does anyone have anything?