1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: Small lightbar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Krieger91, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Here's the deal: I do some light duty snow removal for the company I work for. No plowing, but shoveling and salting. Some of it is easier for me to do with a shovel and bucket of salt in the back on my truck. This part means I'm driving my truck around public streets in a college town with alot of young drivers who don't pay attention. I need a light for my truck for doing this. Because of how parking is at my job, I need a specific style of light.

I am looking for a small, magnetically mounted lightbar that operates off of a cigarette plug. I'm not fond of strobes, but LEDs and rotators are good. I would like a bar with high fpm and fairly bright. I'm often out in early morning when the sun's coming up, so I need a light that will be easily seen in both night and day.

Does anybody either:

A)Know where I can find a light like this online?

OR

B)Have one that they are trying to sell?

2. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

I have a sho-me LED light bar has 7 different flash patterns about 1 yr old... $220.00 shipped

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Not trying to hijack but I am looking for one also. I had a Sho-Me on my truck a few years ago and it was awesome, so looking for the same one. Will be hard wiring it into a switch panel mounted on the floor.

Krieger, hope we can both find one!

4. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

Pm me if you are interested in my Sho-Me light bar

Dan

5. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I love my ABLE 2 sho me low pro. LED bar
    I love it because you can see it during the day! Then at night its BADD aZZZ
    cant hear it like a roto light! (that drove me crazy!)

Mine is in amber same as the one "D" Is selling!
    i bought mine from this site for $300 with the magnets (its cheaper by like $25 bucks for the permanent)
    so $220 shipped isnt bad!

Here is the site pic but they come in red, red and blue, << not allowed! AMBER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  6. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

I run the Axixtech Falcon 40 LED mini bar from www.responderpse.com. Around $250 new, 26 flash patterns, 5 year warranty, awesome 360 degree visibility because it runs linear lightheads instead of TIR, it's real low profile, etc. etc. In other words I like it a lot.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thanks Kevin. We are meeting up tomorrow and hes going to take a look at it.