1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted: sander/spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by moshers7, Jan 14, 2009.

1. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

We are a small landscaping business trying to grow here in northern CT. We are looking for a spreader/sander reasonably priced and a plow for a 98 Dodge 2500. Also some type of skidsteer or Bobcat. Anyone with used equipment for sale?

2. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

3. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

I have the exact truck, you can't even tell the sander is on there.

4. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

My husband has family in Maine, where are you?
    Price is right $1500?-- does everything work? It can carry a third of a yard of and/salt mix? Isn't that about what a tailgate spreader can hold? How much area does this cover before you have to refill the hopper?

5. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

I am in Hiram, ME. It is just south of Fryeburg. Everything does work, has a 500lb capacity for sand and salt mix. I've never used it other than to make sure it runs so I am not exactly sure how much surface area it can cover.

6. kennygee

kennygee Junior Member

My neighbor has a Fisher Speed Cast spreader for sale in Shelton,Ct. He sold his truck and plow and the spreader is all he has left. I would buy it, but I do very little sanding. I don,t know what he's asking, just trying to help him out.

7. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

Thanks! Do you know what he is asking for it? How do we exchange info?

8. kennygee

kennygee Junior Member

I don't know what he's asking. His name is Bill. You can contact him by his e-mail at
    rewindles@sbcglobal.net Good Luck

9. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

Thanks a lot! I just emailed him, hope we can help eachother.

10. crappie hunter

crappie hunter Junior Member

i have a stainless steel dual auger bonnell replacement tailgate spreader for a dump truck 2800 obo

11. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have a 1875 snow ex tailgate spreader if that helps.

12. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I have an 8 foot stainless snoway sander, 4yrs old, 10.5 briggs, will fit in a regular 8 foot bed, has top cover, in cab controls, ready to go $2500.00

13. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

Thanks all, we went with a new fisher poly-caster, still up the shop getting installed, will post how it goes. Still looking for a plow set up for a 98Dodge (looking to baby this tranny so maybe a 7 ft)

14. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

If it's a 2500 You're going to have problems with a 7 unless you always plow in a straight line.

15. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

I Got 2 Stainless Sanders That I Have at My Shop A Friend of mine Is Selling a 2005 Buyers 1.5 With a Tecumseh 10 hp and cab controls Still on the Truck To see it Run.The other is a Late 1980s HiWay Witha Briggs I/C 10 Hp New conveyor Chain last Year Cab Controls Also Either One $2750.00 Lost His Salting Contract His New Contract Is Plow Only Both are At My Location In East Providence RI 02914 Call Me Kurt at 401-309-1074 to Arrange to see the During Normal Hours

16. moshers7

moshers7 Junior Member
    from 06084

'splain, please?