1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted: salt spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bobcatnj, Jul 10, 2005.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

looking for a salt spreader. im looking for a spreader that goes into the trailer hitch.

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

i've got two westerns, and a snowex that is a swingaway model, $750 apiece for any of the three. my number is 815-867-0931. see ya rob

3. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

nah im not looking for the swing away model. i want the one that goes where the trailer hitch would go

4. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

single or 2 stage? how old and what condition? pics

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

I've got 2 that need motors if your intrested lmk..one Meyers and other Buyers..

6. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

well, like i said, i've got the two westerns that slide into the trailer hitch. everything works, i just need a slide in spreader.

7. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

but still haven't answerd my ?

8. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

single stage,3yrs old and no pictures as of now. could email them. they are in excellent shape!

9. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

no thanks no need for single stage.

10. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Both of mine are the Trailer mount systems..lmk

11. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Where in IL are you located?

Could you please send pics to jwu91@yahoo.com Thanks!

12. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

in watseka

13. LLS-turfman

LLS-turfman Junior Member

I have a snowex hitch mounted speader, used 2 winters with basically no snow.

14. KaTooM12503

KaTooM12503 Junior Member

Cheap

Hey boss my name is JON and my dad is getting rid of his hitch spreader and he just bought it last year. I live above Phila in PA and if you call me I'll find out what kind it is and sell it to you for a few hundred. I;ll beat every offer you've gotten so far. I know the spreader has a lid to which is very handy but no controls. 215 480 8671

15. KaTooM12503

KaTooM12503 Junior Member

Hitch Spreader

Hey this message is for BOBCATNJ I have a hitch spreader that needs to go. It's a sno-way spreader look it up it's one year old and has a lid. The only thing it doesn't come with the spreader is the speed controler. I just hard wired it, those controllers are of no use to me. Anyone that wants to call me on my cell is (215) 480-8671 my name is Jon and I'm in PA MAKE OFFER!!!!!

16. Sunrise154

Sunrise154 Junior Member

Snow ex Hitch spreader

I have a snow ex spreader great condition. i am located in Malvern Pa. My name is Jerry and I can be reached at 610 590 0150 before 4pm after 4 leave message. It comes with all controls wiring etc. With the lid on it holds 6 50lb bags of salt with the lid off you can squeeze 8 bags in there. NJ if you are interested I can deliver it within 20 miles of center city Philadelphia. I will deliver farther but we will have to talk about shipping. I am asking $800.00 OBO