1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted salt spreader near CT.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by daninline, Jan 27, 2005.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I'm looking for a salt spreader I'm in the North East corner of CT.
    Let me know.
    dan@kcomputers.net

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

a full size or tailgate size?

3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I would like a tailgate type but a full size would work for th right price :)

4. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I have a SS airflo 1.8 only a few months old,only have about 4 loads through it.It is a 9hp briggs IC,extended shoot.Putting together a F650 so i need a bigger sander.Just paided $4700 will take$3500 firm

5. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Spreader

I have a SS airflow tailgate sander. I just got done rebuilding everything completely: sandblasted, paint, 2 Bearings, chain, sprocket and most importantly a new electric motor (475.00). 1100.00 firm... let me know, calling the bargain news tomorrow

6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Can you send me a photo or a link with a photo of one like it?
    Also will it work with sand also since I do some places by the lake.

7. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

dan, we have snow-o-way next town over in oxford bought one for a great price and no shipping. tell me you can check mine out its 6 1/2 foot with the swing away. easy to load with my engine hoist. I an in Beacon Falls

8. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

Tailgate sander

I will get a picture tonight and try to put it up on this page. The tailgate sander will spread wet sand w/o a problem. The six foot sander that ace911emt was talking about runs about 3500.00 depending upon stainless or mild steel. It's an ice-o-way from Southford garage...really nice sander but I can't stand dealing with them. It seems that everytime you call there they never have the time for you??

9. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

pic

hopefully this worked?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2006
  10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Ok all of you have given me lots of options and a few emails too.

Let me talk to the boss now :) to see what option she's going let me go for.
    I also need to stop by the local sand pit to get prices on a load of sand and or salt.

Thanks
    I hope it snows soon.

11. korelandscaping

korelandscaping Member
    from CT

sale pending

I think it's sold...guy is coming over tomorrow w/ payment. Thanks

12. Blizzard Plower

Blizzard Plower Junior Member
    from Il

13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Not bad prices i have been debating getting one myself.