1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Poly Caster Or Saltdogg

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ColumbiaLand, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Looking for a Poly Caster Or Saltgdogg spreader. Needs to be a unit that will fit in a short bed. Looking for something that is newer, in good shape and in the northeast or pa. PM me if you have something. Thanks

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Get yourself over to Hudson River Sales then in Poughkeepsie ASAP because in 2 weeks they sold 30 Fisher-Blizzard,Western 1.5 er Polys,including the one I stupidly waited too long on. They have app. 5 of the 1.5 ers Salt Doggs,which is what I'm getting. From what I hear,the Douglas Dynamics ones won't be available again until Jan.

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Your right about the availibility

4. salt dogg

salt dogg Senior Member
    from Boston

hey guys just wanted to let you know that the saltdog 1.8 will fit a shortbed. I have a 2008 f350 with 1.8 and it fits perfect, with room to spare. I think it hold 2.3 rounded when your out every bit helps.

5. BELLZYS

BELLZYS Junior Member
    from VT

we have a one year old saltdog poly spreader we could sell.

it was used probably 10 times last year, works awsome.
    I had it in the back of my shortbed pickup.