1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED PLOW in Mich area.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by PremierLand, Nov 20, 2004.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Im in lower michigan, but i'd be willing to take a drive for a good deal, anyway Does anyone have a plow that would fit a 94 f150? 7.5ft, straight blade. Good condition, with mounting, pumps, controls and wiring harness, must be in good condition and working order. Thanks. Please let me know, pm me or call 313-575-9323 if you do. Thanks again, I know its kind of late, but oh well.

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Have you checked ebay? I was just there and there are tons of them.

3. PremierLand

from detroit

i was thinking ebay.

sorry if this is a stupid question, but what should i type as subject? Plow, Plows, Winter Plows, the manufacture? 94 f150 plow?

because there is such a wide range to put in, i wasnt sure what i should look under. Thanks and sorry for the dumb post lol.

4. The Boss

Type in snow plow. There's 8 pages of stuff right now in the ebay motors section.

5. PremierLand

from detroit

6. The Boss

That's too much for the 150, if that's what you're going to put a plow on.

7. PremierLand

from detroit

thats what i figured, but i see alot of guys around here maxing out there half tons with 8 - 8.6 plows. :(

8. The Boss

That's just plain stupid if you ask me.

9. PremierLand

from detroit

ive read posts that guys from michigan have gotten quotes for a blizzard 760lt for $2600. if i could only find those dealers i would be sold!

10. butters

butters Member

There are 2 Blizzard dealers in Northern Lower Michigan that I know are selling the 760LT for $2565 installed plus tax. That is $2718.90 out the door w/ lights joystick controller, wiring, complete setup. EK Hydraulics in Petoskey MI website 800-632-7112 ask for Dave, that is who I have been dealing with.

USA Trailer Sales Vienna, MI (near Johannesburg) 800-225-0434

I am sure there are others. Check out Blizzard's web site for more info.

I have looked at a ton of used plows and I can't seem to find any that are:
    1. Still there when I call on them.
    2. In decent reliable shape.
    3. The right size and mount for my vehicle.

I would have rather went with a used plow, but I can't wait any longer so I am getting a Blizzard 760LT. It is the best price I have seen on a decent NEW plow that can be used for homeowner or even lighter (maybe more) commercial use. I think there are better plows out there, but for low weight and price I don't think you can beat this.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  11. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

The boss v is just a little too heavy infortunately, its not too smart to put one on an F-150, any idea how much it weighs? I would think around 800-900 LBS, maybe less. If its around 700 you might be able to get away with it, but its really not a good idea. Its just too much to have hanging in front of an F-150. That blizzard dealer mentioned sounds pretty good if its close enough. Just keep looking, you may still find something used that is in your price range if you want to go the used route.

12. PremierLand

from detroit

i got a price of $3000 installed, I might be going that route. I have one more place to call, the guy wasnt in today, so im going to try tommarow. I know he sold a 8" 6' model for 2700. so the 760lt will probably be alot cheaper. If it is, ill go through him. If not, ill probably be going to 3k route.

13. butters

butters Member

Here is the ad from the Gaylord newspaper:
    New Blizzard snowplows. 6'8" and 7'2" for compact trucks and SUV's. $2,463 and $2,514. 7'6" light weight for 1/2 ton trucks. $2,565. 8' commercial duty for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. $2,669. Includes installation. Vienna Auto, Inc., (989)786-2774. USA Trailer Sales, 1-800-225-0434.

This seems to be a regional pricing scheme because I have seen these same prices at three seperate places. Not sure what the dealers are charging the farther south you go, but so far this is what I am seeing up here. I think these are set prices from Blizzard since I have a full color sheet from Blizzard with these prices printed right on them. Prices were not added on later. Anyway, if you are interested in Blizzard plows I would call every dealer that you are willing to travel to and get prices from them. If I see any other prices I will post them here. Good luck.

14. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

You guys are lucky out there, try finding that around here, when can i move out there.

15. butters

butters Member

I think that because Blizzard is located in Calumet, MI that freight cost are much less to ship to dealers in Michigan than to the East Coast. I guess we are lucky for that. I don't know about other plow prices, but one of the Western dealers here wants ~$4000 for a 7'6" Pro Plow installed. Is that a decent price?