1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted:: plow for Chevy 2003 2500HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AVERYX, Oct 23, 2003.

AVERYX Junior Member

Well I can't leave this site...Talking about professionals the replies I'm reading are wonderful......
    Not getting any work done only thinking about how I NEED A PLOW ON MY TRUCK I'm in Michigan if anyone out there can recommend some good used western plows I'm all eyes and ears.
    I'm selecting Western because my uncle has one on his truck and he has had no complaints.....

Keep sharing wonderful info , I'm learning so much on this site

2. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

New truck and used plow? Why not pick up a new plow and save yourself the headaches associated with a used plow? A new plow should outlast the vehicle if maintained properly.
  3. Progrounds

Progrounds Junior Member

Ditto Lawn Lads comments. DOn't put a used plow on theat pretty, new truck. Spend the extra bucks and get a new one. He's right, it'll last!
  4. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

I bought a used western for my old truck. I paid $750 for the blade and everything to hook it up to a 1500 dodge. I had a 2500 chevy. So I got 50 bucks out of the old mount. I bought a new mount and wire harness with installation for $900. Added a cutting edge $90?, replaced the guides 30 and had the a-frame patched up, 75, again, 75, AGAIN 75. Had the a-frame and quadrant replaced and updated, 800. Added a rubber deflector, 120... sold it for 1200.

buy a new one

AVERYX Junior Member

Thanks guys

Hmmmmm New plow almost $4 grand I'ts a little easier to tell the wife I took 2 grand out to buy me a plow and try to make it back the first snowfall, rather than Hey honnie I just spent 4grand on a new plow.. I do want a new one, but I don't think I'll be able to afford it this yr.. Again like I said this a great site, people giving me sound good advice. I appreciate it. Maybe I still have a few weeks before the first real snow. I'm going to try and pick up the pace maybe I will look into some new ones.

Pro grounds or anyone else where is a Western dealer in southeast michigan. I'm in Farmington. 9mile area about 10min from Detroit up Grand River?
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

If you can find a really nice unit,only a few years old for around $2000.00,then go for it.Make sure it's an EXACT fit for your truck,or it will get expensive buying the stuff to convert it.If it's anything more than $2000.00,then I'd be leaning towards a new one.

You could always lease or finance the new plow,so you don't have to make it all back right away,or be out of pocket the full amount.Shop around too,maybe you can get a better deal than $4000.00 for a new one.
  7. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

If I were you, I would get a brand new plow, hand down! You bought a nice new truck, which cost like around 35 grands, so why bother saving a grand or two on used plow? If I buy a new vehicle, I would want to put in new equipment on it, not from someone's beater truck. In my opinion, I hate it when I see someone driving a nice new truck with a bunch of junk of old stuff on it. It just does not look right, and it just is not right. You worked hard for a nice new truck, you earned it! So don't even try to think about saving just a grand or two, whenever possible, unless you are deeply in money trouble which I really don't think is the case at all.

Yes, it will take longer time to make back the investment, but that is part of doing business. If you get a good average snowfall for a season, it should pay for itself, at least. Also any equipment related to business are tax deductible. Just for your info., I got a brand new 8' Fisher HD MM2 blade for $3300 installed. :)
  8. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

AVERYX, This might help the debate, with your wife. Used old plow can save you some bucks, then it breaks, (always during a storm, never in summer), wait for parts or repair, lose $$$ in plowing that event and pay for the repair! The new plow just got a lot cheaper.

Yes new plows break, but it would still look better on that new truck!
  9. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

I saw an 8.5ft Hiniker for sale in the paper. Guy said he paid $3500, used it 3 times, asking $1500. Now the tricky part is will the 2003 accept older Chevy attachments. If they changed some mounting stuff for 2003, then you might be SOL, unless someone is unloading a plow after only one season.