1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Plow for 97 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by oliverandus, Dec 5, 2003.

1. oliverandus

oliverandus Junior Member

508-328-1968, Boston , MA Under $1000 please

2. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

Did you find a plow for the Tacoma? I'm also looking for one, southern NH if you've heard of any. Tacoma 03 extended cab.
    Thanks!

Jeff

3. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

guys make it easy on yourself ,even though i found a mint 6,8 mm plow for my toyota and by the way the 6,8 is made especially for the tacoma but can only be put on by a fisher dealer if it is a reg. cab 4cylinder and stick mines is everything above but an xtra cab the truck handles it real nice i was in 5th gear coming down 93 south last week and the temp gauge does not budge past normal what you should know is that even if you find a small plow if it wasnt originally set up for a toyota you will have to buy new lights and wire harness that cost me abuot 400$ on top of the 1400$ for the plow and 300$also for the truck mount bracket the whole setup with installation was about 2400$which o0nly saved me 1000$ than if i ordered new one plus the fact that they are not too easy to come by ,i know of a few people that look in the want ads every week looking to pick one up they are not as commom as the 7 footers and up,if i had to do it again i would spend the 2800$ and buy a new one paul

4. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

This is a fisher 6.5 HS series I ended up installing it myself. Lights were the biggest issue.

truck picture 2.jpg

5. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

thanks for the advice Paul, if time is money, it really does seem like you can spend a lot of it trying to make it all work. Might be worth just plunkin down the cash, eh?

Truck looks great, how did the plow handle these last few storms?

Jeff

6. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

The truck handled the snow with no problems at all. I put 300 lbs of sand in the bed of the truck. I was able to plow right along side the big boys with no problems. I would suggest if plan on plowing parking lots you install a snow deflector. I have some big lots I plow with this little truck. I have attached the photo from last storm.

snow pic #2.jpg

7. RPMAK

RPMAK Member

Here is another one

truck pic snow storm 1.jpg

8. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

Paul,

That looks like it's working very nice for you, enjoy!

Jeff

9. pjaln

pjaln Junior Member
    from mass.

jeff , if you need to look at a plow on a toyota truck for any reason ,your welcome to check out mine,i,m in wakefield mass.or anyone who wants to look at one actually on a truck, my tacoma also has timbrens just email me in advance. paul

10. ToyTruck

ToyTruck Junior Member

thanks Paul, if I'm gonna be closeby, I'll let you know!