1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted plow for 1998 chevy 3/4T

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by tmk15, Oct 12, 2005.

1. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

I am new to the plow scene and have a 1998 chevy 3/4T 2500 4x4. I want a minute mount style plow I think 7 1/2 would be best the newer style hydralic over electric since my truck is all set up with the plow prep package for a second battery and a heavy duty alternator. I am in the hudson valley in a lil town called red hook in dutchess county ny...any help or suggestions?

2. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

No...but...I may have some sub work for you. In the Greenport area. Are you from Red Hook or Northeast?

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

A 7.5 is not wide enough for your truck. When the blade is angled it will not cover the track width of the front end. Go 8 or 8.5.

4. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

I might be interested in some sub work email me back at tysonkreig@hotmail.com I am in the red hook area.

And I think 8 foot might be a lil heavy duty for my truck put more of a strain on it etc. I am mostly going to be doing my investment properties and helping out a few friends

5. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

Were you going to mount the plow yourself or go to someplace like bonesteel? If you're going to mount it yourself I can probably save you alot of $$$$.

6. tmk15

tmk15 Junior Member

son of sno-fiter

son of sno-fiter im interested in talking but it wont let me pm you. why wont it? lets talk on ways to get me a good cheap plow email me at tysonkreig@hotmail.com or give me a ring at 845 943 6711 thanks