1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted:Plow for 1979 F250 4x4

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by asidraine, Dec 16, 2004.

1. asidraine

asidraine Junior Member

I am looking for a plow or at least the frame mount for a 1979 Ford F250 4x4. If I can at least find the frame mount I can probably find a plow to go on it. The closer to Columbus Ohio the better. Thanks David
  2. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

I have Push Plates OFF a 75 F-150 DONO? if they will Fit a 250?--I have just the Plates NO Cross BAR!--nor Head Gear! --Ole JIM--
  3. 1977highboy

1977highboy Junior Member

I have a complete Meyer plow setup on my 1977 f250 that I was planning to sell towards the winter, but if you were looking to get on now let me know. I live in Akron, a 2 hr drive from C-Bus.....

wesport prsport
  4. one ton dually

one ton dually Member

I have a complete Western plow frame setup for a 1979 F-series in upstate NY.
  5. ice-eater

ice-eater Junior Member

Do tou already have lots to plow with it?

I have been in the business for a VERY long time and have a 'zillion' contacts. Do you have any lots set up to plow if you find one? The S/R Co. I own is in Columbus and needs to hire one or two more drivers for this season, and I could be recruited to help you find whatever it is that you need if you could be recruited to come work for our team. No offense intended, but this would be the wrong time of the year for me to become all involved in devoting a bunch of time in someone else's crusade to find what it takes to turn thier truck into a plow-monster when I could be doing it for someone that wants to come work with us, But if you are looking for profitable guaranteed work at a fair rate that even pays for your drive time at the same time, let me knew how to get in touch with you, and we'll talk. If it sounds like we could work something out, then I'll go to bat for you, call in a few markers and can pretty much guarantee you that I can come up with whatever you need to turn that 250 of yours into a plowing machine! Assuming of course you'll need a reasonable anmount of cash that would be necesary to put into it. Naturally, nothing comes for free, even when poeple do own me favors from as long as a quarter a century ago. But I know people that hord plow parts including frames/undercarriages, (a "carton" is actually the correct terminology for it), and I know excellent welders that could weld one up out of scrap if they had to, and mechanics that can completely rebuild pumps at the rate of three a day. And between the two of them, they can install complete systems on just about any truck in a single day most times! And with my contacts from 25 years in the business, I can usually if I have enough time to spend on the phone going through old contacts come up with anything and everything needed to make any 3/4 ton truck a real battle-ax of a snow-time war-wagon within a week or so! And I do think that this upcomming season is going to be one hell of a year that you won't want to miss out on! ... ice-eater ... You can write me at my email at engovernor at excite.com
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  6. tguisinger

tguisinger Junior Member

Curtis plow for sale

I have a curtis plow for sale I live in fort wayne, Indiana. I will lower the price since you would have to buy a new truck mount. Let me know.