1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Older Chevy Diesel

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by crashz, May 12, 2004.

1. crashz

crashz Senior Member

I'm looking for a 80's model Chevy/GMC 4x4 with the 6.2L diesel. This will replace my Ford as my primary vehicle as gas is getting expensive and the miles I drive are easier on a diesel. 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton SRW would be fine. A plow would be nice, however not needed as I have an old hydraulic Diamond setup off of my 83. Any old wreck will do, because I have all summer to work on the truck and parts are dirt cheap. Thanks!

2. firedog

firedog Member
    from midwest

3. farmertim

farmertim Member

I have a 84 chevy dually with 9' unimount western i am considering on replacing many new parts runs excellent
  4. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Thanks farmertim, but a dually is too wide for my driveway and neighborhood. And because of the weight, probably won't be any better on fuel than my 1/2 ton. But thanks anyway!