1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED Northman 2500 series plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by blkfly59, Jan 18, 2011.

1. blkfly59

blkfly59 Junior Member

I'm looking for a Northman 2500 series plow set up. I do not need a vehicle mount or vehicle wiring since we already have a truck set-up for a 2500 series plow.

Anybody have a 2500 they no longer want?

I'll pay CASH please contact me at blkfly59@comcast.net
  2. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

im not sure if its the model your looking for, but i had a northman on a truck i sold a friend, and the trucks just rotting. got a picture of the plow or way it mounts so i can know for sure? ill ask if he'll sell it

the plows in good shape, needs new cutting edge
    but ill ask
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  3. blkfly59

blkfly59 Junior Member

The Northman 2500 uses that quick 2 pin connection. Hard to explain but the truck side consists of two 3x5 square (female) steel boxes that are fairly hidden under the front bumper that slide over and around the two pointed cast iron (male) connections on the plow side. You basically drive the truck forward into the plow and it slides into the mount. Then you slide a pin into the mount on both sides to keep it attached.

The 2500 series plow has the pump, frame, moldboard, lights and everything all as one unit. No evidence of a plow are visible on the truck when the plow is not connected retaining that factory truck appearance. Most of the other Northman plows are designed so the plow lights remain on the vehicle even when the plow is detached. Hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure how to include a picture since it asks me for a URL for the image. If somebody can tell me how to add a pic from my computer I will.
  4. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

oh, thats not the kind i had, sorry. but good luck with the hunt
    free BUMP for ya!