1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted, New Gm Doors, 76-79 Chevy/gmc

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rtallday26, Dec 18, 2007.

1. rtallday26

rtallday26 Junior Member

Im just posting to hopefully find new GM doors for 1976-1979 chevy or gmc pickups. I am in need of the left and right shells for my restoration. I am also looking for 1976-1979chevy tailgate with the embossed "chevrolet" through the center of the tailgate. Any help is great, so thanks ahead of time. Montague350@hotmail.com is the email address. Thanks again! -Rich

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

LMC truck. Stay away from the aftermarket ones, they are made on old worn out jigs that GM sold to China. Thin metal, poor fit.

4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

I have doors, fenders, door handles, lock cylinders, trim pieces, and all from GM still in the boxes.

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Seems there is two lines of aftermarket body panels.... standard ones (fit as you listed above), and CAPA Certified ones (more money, fit like OEM). Have the latter on my truck and they fit great.... well, at least as great as the originals did, they don't quite make out with the ball-bearing test like a new Lexus.... :eek:

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

You just need to use a bigger ball bearing

7. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

LOL ya thats the solution....!

8. rtallday26

rtallday26 Junior Member

Hey hammerstein ...

hammerstein, email me at montague350@hotmail.com. Im interested if you are interested in selling. Thanks.