1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: lower mount for Meyers on a CJ

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CJalopy, Oct 9, 2007.

1. CJalopy

CJalopy Junior Member

Howdy all.
    I'm looking for the lower bracketry to mount a meyers plow on an 80 CJ5. Someone has completely home-brewed the mount on the setup I have, and I don't like it at all. I'm looking for the two side bars with thier arms that run under the front axle, and the lower front bar that the plow mounts to.
    I've seen them on ebay, but for stupid money. I bought an entire parts Jeep with this plow for FAR less than they want for those brackets.
    It'll come down to fabrication before I could afford that.
    I'd be willing to come and remove them from a parts Jeep if necessary, depending on how far away it is.
    Thanks for any help you may give.
    CJalopy

2. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

I have one currently on my scrambler. Broke the mount, but its weldable. Pulling the scrambler off plow duty(providing I can get an undermount for my 95 dodge.
    The are a 3 piece mount. The cross piece that the plow a-frame mounts to, bolts to the two pieces that touch the frame. The cross piece is intact, but where it meets the mounting tab on the side is where it broke. Looks like it was welded previously.
    I'm located in Waitsfield VT, About 6 hours from Syracuse. Shame was I was just out that way about a month ago.
    Willing to sell outright, along with or without the other meyer stuff on the scrambler. Would also take a trade on a 95 dodge under mount for a meyer. Hell, you get me a dodge undermount I'll give you the blade, pump and lift too.

3. sachilles

sachilles Junior Member

fogot to give you my email
    sachilles AT sugarbush.com