1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ColumbiaLand, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Looking for a liquid storage tank for Liquid Magic, PM me if you have something.
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hey Collin, how big of a tank do you need? I have 1 335 gallon and a 300 gallon.
  3. ColumbiaLand

Need a 750 to 1000
  4. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Just rember you can't buy a water tank, the stuff is too heavy it will buckel a water tank. I know the liquid we will be using is 14lbs/gal. Supplier said the tanks are $ 5-6/gal. I found a fiberglass brine tank same that he has used for an awesome deal on craigslist. I have to have capacity to take a tanker at a time (5000 gal) or more (only way he'll deliver), other wise I have to P/U. Good Luck.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

That's not true. We have used 3000 gallon poly water tanks for the last eight years. Never a problem.We store 21,000 gal at a time
  6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Just relaying what I was told, but water weighs about 8.35 lbs/gal, this stuff is nealy double that (14 lbs), So you 3000 gal tank is designed to support say 25,050 lbs at the bottom, your loading it with 42,000 lbs. If the tank lets go what are the cleanup costs going to be ? Let alone loss of product & tank. Remember that one teaspoon of salt can contaminate 5 gals of water, how much soil/ground water will 3000 gals contaminate. Personally I'd rather spend the upfront cost than have a tank buckle or burst.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  7. ColumbiaLand

I'm still looking for a tank, I may go out and buy one new this week.
  8. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I can get you a 1650 gallon HD good for up to 16.5 lbs/gal new for about 950 delivered to you.