1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted in MD- 16.5, 8 lug rims for 86 Chevy 3/4 ton

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ibelee, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

The wheels on the old plow truck I just bought look like someone used liquid rust to cover the chrome.

Don't care what style of rims they are...well ok, no spinners though.
    Aluminum, Chrome, whatever. Just want the truck to look professional.

Due to shipping costs of wheels it would be better if someone in Maryland or Virginia had them to sell.

2. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

i have 9 of them

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Unless you have a bunch of good 16.5 tires sitting around , I would suggest finding 16 inch rims . They are trying to phase out 16.5 tires , the 16.5 are more expensive than the 16 inch tires. And the 16 inch rims should be cheap and easy to find .

4. b2driver

b2driver Member
    from MD

I was going to suggest the same thing. The price and selection of tires would be why I would change to 16", bigger selection and lower price usually.

In case you want to shop at a junkyard for them, there is a place across the bridge in King George County that's called Virginia Truck Parts. They have all kinds of trucks and vans there. Even a building with several shelves of rims.

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Thanks wirenut, but I'm afraid the shipping would be too much from NH.

6. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Thanks Matt and B2Driver.
    I'll probably take your advice.