1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED Hiniker wings review.

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by BC Handyman, Oct 27, 2013.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying the hiniker wings for my 8' straight blade. have any of you used or owned them? Are they worth the $? I wont be using them most of the time, but I do got a few jobs that they would help alot if I had them. How quick do they come on off? Thanks, cant seem to find much info on them.

2. BC Handyman

ok before I get grilled, I know they really box ends. Who has them? what you think of them?

3. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

4. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Got em on our c-plow. They help most of the time but you can't clean up a curbline with them on and angled away (curb along sidewalk)

5. BC Handyman

Thanks guys, I just ordered a pair from my Hiniker dealer, I'll be using it mostly for a trailer park I do where the pushes are on the longer side(compared to my other sites) I think they should cut plowing time down at that site & possibly others I use them on, I have a feeling I'll use them more then I think. Only time will tell. Hopefully they arrive today.

6. BC Handyman

ARGGGGG!!! they lied to me, they dont got my wings, I gotta wait a few weeks they say now, GRRRRRR!!!

7. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I may consider them on my new C plow .Would help on the parking lot I do.

8. BC Handyman

ok I think I should update any who care, I ordered & got my Hiniker wings/boxends, they arrived safely but they did come with a bit of dust & a bit of missing paint on edges, so I can tell they were sitting/moving around for a while before they got shipped to me. I went to install them & the one side fit perfectly but the other side had one clip pin hole that was off, so I had to drill my plow so it would fit. below is a list of the good & bad in my opinion.

Good: they dont stick out past plow so I can backdragg as normal with them on as well as that means they shouldn't break or bend as easy while I'm stacking, they light but appear to be strong in the right places with doubled up gussets, very quick to take on & off, will store easily in ack of my truck, no cheap hardware or rubber.

Bad: they not big so carrying capacity is not alot more....... thats all so far, I'll let you guys know more after I use them a few times.

9. BC Handyman

Ok now I've put well over a dozen hrs on my box ends/wings I can say they work pretty good, I'm glad I got them, 1 bad thing though is the quick clips come off and get lost easily, I lost 3 of the 4 clips the first day, since I'm leaving them on I've used a nut & bolt for bottom holes since it's the bottom clips that seem to get pulled open & lost.

10. 04hd

04hd Senior Member
    from WI

ends1.png

ends 2.jpg

I got ends for c plow and just did some adding to them they even worked with my curb guards. Easy on easy off.!! Held alot of snow

ends1.png

ends 2.jpg

11. KLC99

KLC99 Senior Member

Thats a really good idea

12. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I would suggest the Scoop plow same Wiring harness and it carries a lot more snow , but the box ends do work also I used both

13. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I made my own set for my 8'. I think they are far superior to the Hiniker ones. They seemed to work well but I was always worried about hitting a curb and ripping them off. Also the plow doesnt trip as well and when it does it adds stress the the rib they are attached to. I would recommend adding a support bar.
    When I sold the 8' I took them off. I am in the process of fixing up a 9' poly trip edge. I am going to try putting them on that.

14. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

any pics of homemade box ends/wings?
    looking to make a set for my 8' str8

15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I took them off last year when I sold my 8' straight. They are just sitting in my garage now. I can try taking a picture but not sure they will really turn out.

16. mikeplowman

mikeplowman Senior Member

does that mean you are looking to get rid of them? :nod: