1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted GMC center cap

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by mycirus, Oct 12, 2010.

1. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I am looking for a GMC center cap with 8 lugs and the chrome look. Its the kind with the ridges in between the lugs. Here are some pics of my truck. Kinda hard to see. I tried 2 junk yards and couldnt find em.

Bruce

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS...that right rear is the one missing. Its on 495 south somewhere.

2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Hate to say it but I do...problem is you gotta buy all 4 tires and rims w/ centercaps. They are stock 245s on the chrome rims with less than 50 miles on them. All came off the truck a day after it was bought. Those center caps are a ***** to find though. Happen to me, I had to bite the bullet and buy from GMC

3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Make sure you get ones for alum (pyo) rims. The ones for the steel wheels LOOK identical, but they won't work.

5. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Well I do have one on the way from Cali that looks like the right one. I got it on ebay for 20 bucks shipped. Hopefully it fits.

6. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

You got that right...when I went from chrome to aluminum I realized that real quick...I did make them work by putting them on a sander and taking them down a few millimeters. They fit great now..

7. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I was gonna say that too......if the cap he bought is wrong, it can be made to fit. Good to hear yours worked out that way.