1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Ford dump

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by firstclasslawn, Oct 11, 2005.

1. I have a good friend that is looking for a very specific truck and having a hard time. here it is

1999 or newer
    Ford F350, F450, F550
    Diesel 7.3 or 6.0
    MANUAL
    Dump Bed (5 yard is best but 3 is ok)
    4x4
    A plow on the front would be nice also
    less than 100,000 miles

Anyone know of one in or near MI?

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

look on ebay .there was a 1999 350 6speed stroker 4x4,rack dump,60k miles and a 9ft hiniker.was asking 25k then down to 21k then down to 18k no takers

3. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I am considering letting go of my 2001 F-550, 7.3 New AUTO trans in Feb 2005, 4 yard dump body, 35k miles, 9' Fisher. I am in CT but I'm sure we can figure it out if it's what I decide on. Have him give me a call if he's interested.

4. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

How much are you looking to get for it?
    Thanks
    James

5. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Honestly, I haven't even come up with a number, I have no idea what's fair and I'm not even sure if it's what I want to do yet. I'm waiting to see how a couple of things develop here in the next couple of days. In the mean time, feel free to contact me, make an offer, etc.

6. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Does the truck have 4wd? How has she treated you?
    Thanks
    James

7. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Yes, 4WD, truck has been great, with the exception of the trans puking last season @ 23k miles, but put in a new trans and it's a great rig.