1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Early/Mid 90's F350 emblems for front fenders

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bgk, Nov 28, 2009.

1. bgk

bgk Junior Member

I'm repairing/restoring a beat-up 1996 F350 XLT on a very tight budget.

(My wife is mad at me for buying this truck. I got it rusted and dented and in need of some mechanical work for cheap money, but my wife doesn't have the vision or understanding that used parts and my own labor can make the truck serviceable and look good again).

I'm looking for a pair of used F350 emblems for the front fenders for cheap! (XLT preferred, but anything F350 for the Old Body Style prior to the "Super Duty" logo will do.) I haven't been able to find a set of emblems at a half-dozen junk yards in my area.

If you have a set of emblems that you don't need and are willing to sell cheap or donate, please PM me or email to bkoning@cavtocci.com or call 508-878-0234. I'm in eastern Massachusetts, about 20 miles west of Boston, and can pick up the emblems to save you the hassle of shipping if you're in my vicinity.
  2. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

3. bgk

bgk Junior Member

The local Ford dealer quoted me $32 apiece for the emblems (plus Massachusetts 6.5% sales tax). That's about $70 for two pieces of plastic. My financial situation is too tight for me to pay $70 for non-essential cosmetics. Just two weeks ago, I bought a pair of new Monroe gas-charged replacement rear shock absorbers for my truck on sale at C.A.P. Auto Parts for $70, and that was money well spent.

I was hoping someone on Plowsite.com had an old beater F350 parts truck rusting away in the back of their parking lot, with emblems that they would be willing to part with for free or cheap.

If not, the truck will plow snow, tow a trailer, and carry cargo just fine without emblems.
  4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

How far's holliston from middleboro I know Zions has like at lest 10 obs ford in there.
  5. 02powerstroke

6. Deco

Deco Senior Member

try these ....2006 .....$30.00 pm me if interested

7. Deco

Deco Senior Member

or these ...........same year '06

8. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

PM Morrisey snow removal service on this site- he's got lots of Ford parts, or try LMC Truck.
  9. bgk

bgk Junior Member

Gents: Thanks for the replys.

02Powerstroke: I've got a job site visit to Brewster, MA tomorrow. I''ll drive through Middleboro on I-495 on my way to/from the Cape. I know where Zion's is in Middleboro and I'll stop by there after work. Thanks for the info.
  10. 02powerstroke

lol I'm from brewster what ya working on?
  11. Jaspell

Jaspell Member
    from 06117

Try www.lmctruck.com. I know they have them and their prices are good. I have a 94 F250 and get most of my restoration parts from them.
  12. bgk

bgk Junior Member

02Powerstroke, I was at Ocean Edge resort (working on winter renovations). Nice place, big bucks. Not much happening there this time of year, but looks like it would be hopping in the summertime.

The good news is that I've been asking a bunch of people in my life about old Ford pickups. A paving company that is a customer of the company that I work for has a few old trucks and the owner said I could have the emblems off a late 80's F350 he had in the weeds at the back of his equipment yard.

The emblems are not vintage-correct for my mid-90s pickup, but I could care less.

Anyway, I now have F350 emblems on my truck for free and I'm a happy camper, with a truck that is now cosmetically and mechnically complete on a shoe-string budget, and ready to plow snow this winter.
  13. 02powerstroke

glad it worked out. I live down the street from ocean edge. small world