1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted Duramax

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by wolfmobile8, Mar 22, 2011.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

My brother is looking for a 2002-2006 chevy 2500hd 4x4 crew or ext cab shortbed duramax. Doesn't want anything with too high of milage and somthing thats not beat. would also like if the truck has a fisher mm2 on it but if it doesn't it's no big deal. or he would take a gmc 2500hd duramax 2003-2006. Will travel to MA,NH,ME,RI,CT,VT

Thanks

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

How about my first born too!

What price range?

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

They are out there. Try auto trader and can customize your search to exactly what hes lookin for. I love mine. Just hate payin for fuel.

4. wolfmobile8

he's looking to spend around $17000

yea i look evryday on craigslist, autotrader. I love mine to and your right about the fuel.

5. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... good luck finding an LLY/LBZ Dmax with low (under 100K?) miles CC/EC SB for $17K without a plow, let along having a plow also...

Try $27K WITHOUT a plow for an LBZ...

I'm sure you already know this, but the late LLY and LBZ Dmax is the most sought after duramax out there right now... they're like gold and if he wants one he should expect to pay for it as though it were gold!

I could maybe see an '02 going for $17K, but nothing newer than that!

But yeah, as the others said, try autotrader... just be realistic with the pricing... 17K isn't going to buy much with a diesel right now... he should probably wait until fuel prices spike this summer...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  6. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

$17k not buying much for diesel's? what are you smoking

7. wolfmobile8

i know what diesels are worth and and lbz and lly duramax with low milage is worth way more then 17 but and lb7 like mine is worth about that maybe a little less if it has kind of high milage. He was going to buy a nice 2002 crew cab lb7 duramax with only 112k on it down in ct and then they guy already had it sold. but he's leaning twords an 02 so thats why i put $17000

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You need to check out the Southern States,less rust and depressed economy there.

9. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I'll sell mine right now for $40k! NO emissions!

10. wolfmobile8

yea thats kind of high but i hate how the new duramax's have the emissions

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

My 05 CCSB is going to be available soon. Lifted/loaded but prob more miles than he wants at 180k. TX truck, leather, onstar, whatnot. 35's on black 20's, truck is white with light grey int. Roughly in his price range, and can come with a Western truckside and possibly an MVP for the right price. Very tight, solid rust free truck. Runs and drives like it has 50k.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  12. wolfmobile8

yea thats too many miles and don't need to travel that far for one. thanks for the offer though thats a sick truck.

13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I've got a Black 2006 Gmc D-max with the LBZ. It's a Crew, short box, 8.5 Boss straight. Miles: 99,870.
    Because I'm not a fan of trucks for plowing, the plow was put on for a back up at 50k and even then it hardly gets used. This truck was my daily driver until I switched to a chevy trail blazer.
    Other than I'm in WI, I'll sell it if someone wants it. I'd like to buy something else.

14. wolfmobile8

yea to bad you wern't closer dont need to travel that far for one.

Thanks

15. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ha thanks.............and I'm not too far, I got it from Texas!! Lol. Good luck with finding something though. I'm sure if he's patient something will come along.

16. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Just gotta be patient. I got my 05 ford with 38k for 18.5.

Edit, almost 3 years ago

17. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

When I bought my 04 in 07 is had 19,000 miles I got it for 29K. It now has 100,350 on it as of today and I think I could still get 20 for it. No plows. KBB blue booked it at 22 in good condition.

18. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Well I mean I'm sure he could find a '99-'04 powerchoke for $17K but not an LLY/LBZ Dmax...

19. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yes, an '01-'03 could probably be had for $17K with a little over 100K...

20. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I bought my 04 lly 2 1/2 years ago with 38 k on it for 20k Some people dont know where to look ,or have no patience .I looked at alot of shitboxes before I found my truck that where alot more money then I got mine for. If I where to sell my truck now I thinks its still worth close to what I paid for it with 80 k on it.U can find a nice truck for that kind of money U dont need to settle for a high miles crap box.