1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted -- dually rims for Ford

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by SCSIndust, Feb 8, 2005.

1. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone had 4 dually rims that would fit an '89 F350. I have the regular SRW rims now, but I want to switch. It would be great if someone had some in the MD area.

2. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Jamie you may have a problem with that , you have to measure the axel width , the SWR brake drum and the dualy are different sometimes , and if you try dual wheels the inside tire may hit the springs. You also have to check the length of the studs to see if they will accept 2 rims

3. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Good point. I looked at it just now, and there is only about 2" between the tire and the u-joint plate. Of course my tires are a little bit wider than stock sizes. So, there might be 3 inches or so between them with stock tires. Man, you got me thinking hard about duals, and I was hoping it would be a cheap and easy switch.