1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wanted cutting edge for 810

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ricothunder, Nov 18, 2008.

1. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

the only cutting edge i can get is from blizzard any one have one for a 1999 ... 810 plow

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Try a local blacksmith or fab shop. Not sure exactly what steel to use, but you should be able to find something cheaper and will last longer than OEM.

3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah you can get better than oem,but it's still not cheap. My buddy is a fabricator at a racecar shop and he just made new edges for my 860 sw. I can't remember what type of steel he used off hand but I will find out. They spend 30k a month with alro and at their price I still paid $290 for the steel alone. They did tell my buddy that this stuff was better than regular high carbon steel. I tried to find some steel to use on my own, but none of the local shops around me could even get what I was looking for. He also made my wings 1'' thick so hopefully they won't wear as fast:dizzy: Anyways talk to a metal shop it's an easy job for them and for what it cost you might as well get something better than stock !!!
    Good Luck, Shaun

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

In addition, look into Winter Equipment's Xtendors for the wings. They're made of carbide and from what I am finding out that if you can make the wings last longer, the main edge will as well.

5. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I'll have to check those out. I always seem to wear my wings down fast from plowing streets. If you could just throw on a new wing edge that would be fine. I generally have a good amount of life left in the main edge, and have to change all three:dizzy: Thanks for the info , shaun

6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Check you PM's JOHN

7. ricothunder

ricothunder Member
    from ontario

thanks guys i went a metal yard and found some good steal so they say.... i told them what i was doing and they got me the stuf. so we will see it only cost me 150 but i fab it all myself and it looks good ...now iam ready to go thanks for the help