1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted - Blizzard 720LT mount for Ram 1500

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by jimspac, Oct 4, 2015.

1. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I am looking at a Blizzard 720LT used plow with no mount. I have called my local Blizzard dealer and I was told Blizzard does not currently make one to work on the 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4 x 4 I have. I was told the plow is too small for my truck. I am not doing commercial plowing. I have 350 feet of driveway to deal with so I need something a little more robust than the Snow Bear I have been using for 20 years.

Does anyone know of a mount that will work for the above combination? I have the capability to adapt something close.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well considering all the money to get the WRONG mount and trying to make it work, why not just buy the correct plow assm for your truck and be done?

3. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

As I can get this 720LT plow for $1000 with full hydraulics and light bar as a suitable replacement for the Snow Bear I currently have, the alternative you suggest will cost $4600. If I can a mount that will work or can be adapted I am looking at a potential cost of $1600 to get this to work. My time is only worth something when I am at work. For me the objective is to get what I need but not another Snow Bear plow she can get for $1300 that I feel no longer suits my needs

4. dieselss

Well plows come with FULL hydraulics now.
    You'd still need to truckside wiring, and controller, and mount.
    Where are you that the plow is 4600? Is that brand new or used?

5. jimspac

jimspac Junior Member

I am in CT and that was the prevailing retail price new for the suitable model that the dealer I spoke to recommended. I spoke to CT Trailers that is the only convenient dealer to my location. I was told the model they say a mount is available for my truck is a 7600HD

The plow I am looking at comes with hydraulics, light bar, and pendant for controlling the blade elevation and rotation.

As far as plows coming with hydraulics, the ones my wife is willing to buy do not. There are still some low level consumer plow package with manual lift and electric winch lift I am trying to get away from now. With the obstacles I deal with the electric winch on my Snow Bear draws 30 amps everytime the winch is cycled and since I usually plow at night after work the headlights dim down to nothing. That with having to run the defroster I have had truck stall from lack of battery. I actually have a Ram 1500 with factory snow plow prep and heavy duty service group that includes HD alternator, HD transmission cooler, and HD front springs

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  6. dieselss

If it is just your driveway you don't need new, start looking around in c.l and eBay for used equipment.