1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted bent or cracked meyer classic A frame

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by andrewlawnrangr, Nov 14, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hello all i am looking for a used A frame for a classic mount. i am looking for a place to put a ground blower during leaf clean up time. we do not bring a trailer due to having the Vac on the back . lifting it in and out is gettin old.... i want to weld up a A frame to a platform and place the blower there and lift it with the pump.. will it work?
  2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Interesting idea. I suppose it will work if the A-frame lifts to the stops so it won't bounce around.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

call mike at razzi radiator he has a few junk plow located n.hill (abington) pa

to him melrose john told you to call
  4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I have a A-Frame off of a Meyer C-8 it's in great shape just been painted $100 + shipping

508 753 6617
  5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

want to get somthing cheeper... sorry im goin to be cutting and welding it. thanks tho
  6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Why not just get some scrap steel.

Over the years I have made setups to mount my leaf vac, a log splitter, plate compactor (lift for transport), cooler, winch etc. Just get some steel, weld it up as a box with some arms going back to the pins, drill some holes and throw a strap over the blower to secure it.