1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: Beacon or Mini Lightbar

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by P&M Landscaping, Feb 23, 2010.

1. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Alright guys, I've had bad experiences with the Harbor Freight Stores as well as the $20 beacons. I'm guessing some of you guys have something laying around in your shops that you'd like to off. I'm just looking for something small that I can easily take on and off in between storms. Thanks!

2. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

3. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

what kinda light you lookin for ?? and your price range ??

5. P&M Landscaping

Anything smaller, and $50 and under

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

JohnnyU may still have one. I think he wanted $75 shipped???? I purchased one of them.

7. silvercity

silvercity Senior Member

I have a Whelen magnet mount plug in. I think it was used about 3 times. I will ship to you for $75.

8. ajslands

9. P&M Landscaping

Tax Return coming, still looking some leads but no cigar

10. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

P & M i have an Able 2 Led beacon super bright ... with an extra long cord with on off switch with magnet base ... $40.00

11. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

12. ajslands

^ northern tool is just like harbour freight. (cheap and will only work once!) that's my luck with harbour freight.

13. Mvplc2010

Mvplc2010 Junior Member

Alright. dont have anything to help you out with. but do have some advice. I have a 3/4 ton chevy and i had my priority 1 light bar half permanently mounted. it is still magnet mounted but had it wired through the cargo lamp brake light on the rear of the cab. I had the mechanic put a two way connector on it so i could unplug it when not needed and just pull it off. best sixty bucks i ever spent

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  14. ajslands

When I get a light bar, that's what iam getting, so when I go hunting