1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted - A SnowEx sp 575 Controller and Wiring Harness

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by robertrafal, Dec 6, 2010.

1. robertrafal

robertrafal Junior Member

I just bought a SnowEx sp 575 mini pro Salter and it didn't come with a Controller or Harness and I just found out how much all of this stuff costs new. I am in shock. If anyone has a used controller and harness for it that doesn't need it anymore i'll take it. Or if someone knows where I can buy one at a competitive rate. I seem to find all different kinds of prices and not sure what to do here.

snowex-sp575-spreader.jpg

2. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

If u dont want to get a controller you can always just wire it up with 10 gauge wire, a 30 amp fuse and a heavy duty switch, which can handle at least 30 amps. You wont have variable speed and it will always be at full blast, but it can work till you at least get the money you need. Somebody correct me if Im wrong about the 30 amp fuse, but thats what I believe it is.

3. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

If you want to pony up for a new controller and wiring harness, get one from Karrier, their omega controllers are better than snowex's and they also sell Rhino wiring harnesses, it looks like its 450 for both

http://www.karrierco.com/

4. robertrafal

robertrafal Junior Member

Thanks hairygary ;)

I am leaning towards the karrier solution. My dealer wanted $600 +tax for the controller and $250+tax for the wiring harness. So the karrier is already half price.

5. porter lawncare

porter lawncare Member

call cpw it is cheaper there

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Once you see the wiring harness you will be sorry you bought one. They are so simple to make.

7. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

8. ctbman

ctbman Member

Try northern tools.$209.00 for controller with a vibrate option and harness.you will have to make the end work for yours,but its easy with a heavy duty trailer wire connectors

9. m.$terner

m.$terner Senior Member

30 amp fuse would be fine i believe but i would put a relay on it as well