1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANTED: 8 ft or 8.5 ft Western Pro

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by shearsbrothers, Jan 19, 2011.

1. shearsbrothers

shearsbrothers Junior Member

Hello, im 17 years old and working as a Carpenter for my father and i hope to take over his business in the next 10 years. He plowed for 35 years and has a good knowledge of snow removal. I have a 2007 Ford f-250 single cab with an 8 ft bed. Can someone help me with getting a Western Pro Ultra Mount plow. i am looking to spend about $2500. i want to have one that is in pretty good shape. i will probably re paint the plow and make it look like new. i want to work on it over the summer and have it in good shape for next winter. Thanks for the help.
    - Stephen
  2. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

CALL ME PLEASE- I have one I am looking to sell in monmouth county NJ.
  3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

Stephen cant pm you if you want I have a 8ft ultramount $1800 it was repowder coated last spring new motor and has not been used. it is not perfect but does have a new deflector on it. It needs new feet. and a handle welded on the lock rail(have vice grip on it now).

email me for some pics
    732 241 4774
  4. shearsbrothers

well i thought about it a little bit more, i think im going to stick witht he blowers for this year and save up for a plow for next year. thanks for the offers though guys.
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

DO NOT PUT AN 8' BLADE ON YOUR TRUCK...you will hate it...

it needs to be 8'6" of at full angle it doesn't clear tires....TRUST ME
  6. shearsbrothers

so when i get one it should be 8'5"?
  7. bsieb

bsieb Junior Member
    from NJ

yea that is what he is saying get a 8 1/2 ft or 8 ft 6 inches... same thing
    He is right, or your other option is a 8ft plow that either has wings or extends like the blizzard or western wideout or pro plus. those are a little more expensive but gives you flexibility when needed.
    you should go to the manufaturer sites and check out what they offer and then look for a used one in good shape! Good luck.
    And keep asking questions when you dont know something. there are alot of experienced guys on here that know the business and equipment!!!
  8. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping Senior Member

i have a complete 8'6" pro plus for sale. its in mint shape you would need your truck bracket though.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011