1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted 7 lug rims

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by thesnowman269, Apr 22, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Title tells it all, Im looking for a set of used seven lug Rims for my truck. Doesnt matter what they look like there Only going to be for mud tires.

2. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

what truck do you own that takes 7 lugs?

3. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

in 98 ford made a F-250 that was the same body style as the 98 F-150. To be different and make parts a PITA to get, ford made the 98 F-250 a 7 lug.

4. thesnowman269

They made the 7 lug trucks up until a few years ago, 97 or 98 was just the 1st year, And its not that hard to find parts for it, On the other hand finding a used set of rims.. lets just say it seems impossible...

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I thought 98 was the only year for the LD F250? Wasn't there no option for a SD that year? And also 97.5 changed the body style for the half tons, did the LD 250's also come out then? What else would have the 7 lug pattern besides those trucks?

Sorry for getting a hair off topic, just curious.

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

A friend of mine has a 1997 F250 LD with 7 lug rims... So they must have built them for two years. He's looking for some spare rims as well. Do the 7700 GVW F150's use 7 lug wheels? Not that they're much easier to find, but I thought they used those wheels too. They built the 7700 GVW F150 until at least 2000 or 2001.

7. thesnowman269

Yes the 7700GVW F150's use the same rims, they made the 7 lug rims up until I want to say 2006 as thats when I beleive they stopped offering the 7700GVW package on F150's

8. cubicinches

That's good to know. I've been trying to locate wheels for my buddy... I feel your pain.

9. thesnowman269

Yeah the trucks not worth spending the money on new rims because they would be worth more then the truck and the school I am going to in the fall is not in the best neighborhood so they might get stolen, Its a hard time tryin to find a cheapo stock set of rims, I know some out there has em though!!

10. cubicinches

He's just looking for stock ones too. He only needs two of them.

11. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Thanks for the education guys, i honestly hadn't noticed the extra lug on the light duty f250s. I do like the 7700 series F150 and F250 even though they don't seem to be real practical for any more work then a 1/2 ton would be capable of.

12. thesnowman269

Pretty much just a heavy duty F-150 but its still considered a 3/4 ton.... atleast in my book haha

13. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I believe they called it a F250LD or light duty up through '99 and after they called it a F150 with the 7700GVW package. They had the 7 lug wheels and a badge on the fenders and tailgate. They were made up until the switchover with the body change in '03 but there are a few that are the "old" body style made in '04 that are called F150 Heritage. I had an '01 7700 that was a great truck. Just a way to use up spare parts and let Ford get the fleet bids. Try looking at www.car-part.com and just enter the information asked for. It searches what salvage yards have that they post. You can also search by zip code so its close. Hope this helps.