1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: 6.5-7 Plow for Wrangler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chris S, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

Looking for a small plow for the front of my wrangler.

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Chris welcome to plowsite:waving:

Can we have a little more info on your wrangler. Is it 4x4, What transmission and engine does it have. Try a search on the topic and see what comes up. On jeep wranglers a notice mostly 6.5ft Meyer snowplows. Western has a plow sport utility and the lsx plow. they are made for smaller trucks like yours. Sno-way is also a plow you should take a look at. The make a lighter snowplow and they have down pressure which makes the blade get a better scrape.:)
  3. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

I don't mean to bust chops on ya here, p... meyer, but I'm fairly certain all wranglers are 4x4.

welcome, chris!!
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Yea i thought they are all 4x4 too but im not completly sure. If his wrangler is in fact 2wd then it will never be able to plow. i just wanted to make sure.
  5. ZR2DK

ZR2DK Junior Member

all wranglers are 4x4 unless they're broken.
  6. Chris S

Chris S Junior Member

Hey guys and thanks for the warm welcome. Yes it is 4x4 but it does have the 2.5L which does pretty darn good.

I am looking to find a used plow.

7. penberth

penberth Member

I ended up getting a really good deal on a 6.5' Meyer poly plow by watching a local newspaper. Almost brand new set up for $800. I just needed to buy a mount for a Cherokee.

I would keep an eye out in the local newspapers and check e-Bay. There are usually 6.5' plows on eBay. Also check your local swapsheet.
  8. 97Wrangler

97Wrangler Junior Member

I'm in the process of mounting the western sport/utility plow on my 97 Wrangler right now. I'll let you know how it turns out
  9. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

I just sold my 6.5' Western SUV plow which was on my 1992 Wrangler (I purchased new in Dec 2000) for $2,550 (I was expecting about $1,800) on E-bay! (used gently 3 seasons, looked new).

Over a three year period of time I lost a total (including shipping) of $75 :)
    E-bay rules!

I now have a Sno-way 6'8" lexan plow (1997) [moded the mount to fit the Wrangler). I got this plow when I bought a 1986 CJ-7 with the plow locally, took the plow off, and sold the CJ alone on E-bay for the price I purchased the two. :D :D

I would look around and try to find one locally.

I found the Western SUV plow to be a bit too light which allowed it to float above any packed snow. Western has a 6.5' "standard" plow which may do better. Meyer calls for a 7' plow on the YJ Wrangler, which may also do well. (I like the simple look of the Meyer on Jeep's)

I can't wait to try the downpressure of the Sno-way!

-John :cool:
  10. woodsters

woodsters Junior Member

Hi, I'm new and know nothing about plows. We moved to Massachusetts from Georgia back in January of htis year and are staying in a house that sits on a couple of acres. We have a long driveway and big parking area, which we had to get plowed several times since we were here. I have a jeep wrangler (2000) with the 2.5L engine. I've been wondering if it would be beneficial to buy a plow, used is fine, to use with the jeep to clear our area. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Especially as far as pricing and what would be needed and what to watch out for.