1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wanted: 2500HD Factory Exhaust

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by crossboneracing, Aug 5, 2007.

1. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

Hey guys, I am looking for what has been an impossible part to find. I need the factory exhaust for a 2500HD Silverado with a 6.0 Excab shortbed. Truck is a 2004. I will trade the dual exhaust I have on it now and some cash or buy it outright. I need it I am getting older (it sucks) and just cant stand the noise anymore. Please help!

2. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i have an 03 hd reg cab will it fit

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

What kind of dual exhaust do you have? What condition is it in?

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

seems likey you should be able to get a factory exhaust at almost any auto parts place or dealer.

as far as noise. i hear ya on the getting older. i catch myself going under the speed limit sometimes now too and driving with the radio completey off.

5. crossboneracing

Not sure about the reg cab. And yes of course I can get it from a dealer but I was seeking a cheaper alternative. I have currently a set of custom bent pipes. They are about 2years old aluminized with a jones performance (full boar) muffler. Basically sounds like a flowmaster but louder. Its got an awesome sound if you dont mind the noise! Let me know if you are interested!

6. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Any pics of it? I have the same truck your looking for except I have an 05 with only 21000 miles. I don't have a sander so there is Might be worth it if we meet half way some time to look things through.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  7. crossboneracing

Give me until tomorrow and I will get some pics. Thanks!

8. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

No prob. I meant to say before that i dont have a sander so there is no rust.

9. crossboneracing

Here are the pics sorry for the delay, super busy right now. Let me know if you need more or what you think!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Email me direct if you want at: jhienterprises@yahoo.com

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have the exhaust off my '05, but it's a Duramax.

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Lookin to sell it maybe???? I dunno if my exhaust from my 00 2500 6.0 will work. It looks the same as a 2500 hd, but I may be wrong. I put an exhaust for an ext cab shortbed onto a reg cab long bed and it worked fine. Cause if you figure, a short bed is 6 foot long, and the ext cab adds another 2 feet to the back of the cab. Which would then give you your 8 foot bed reg.cab!!

12. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Doesn't look too bad. What name brand is it? Are you willing to provide new gaskets for the swap? Also would you be willing to either drive to CT to do the change over or pay for fuel if I drive up?

13. crossboneracing

Dont really want to sell it, and it has no brand name it was custom bent. The muffler is a Jones Full Boar fully welded muffler. I would be willing to pay for the gas to here. PM me or email me at jhienterprises@yahoo.com

14. crossboneracing

Bump Bump!!!!

15. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Go to www.car-part.com go though all the boxes for truck and engine information, you might find something there

16. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Still have this. Dunno if it will help you.

17. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Still interested just have had a bu tt load of work to do.

18. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Just go to a big muffler shop like Lou's custom exhaust. They cut off brand new stock exhausts every day. Call them and tell them to keep one for you, I'm sure they would. Better yet just have them put on a stock muffler so she looks great and is quiet again..