1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want to upgrade to X-Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joey D, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I have a 98 Fisher 8' Minute Mount plow and want to up-grade the blade to the X Blade. Is this possible? I assume I would need the blade and the a-frame but think everything else would work.

2. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

It will work

3. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious why you would want to swap the blade if you already have one? I know that X Blade is nice but other than the way the material is made of and the construction setup, I can't really tell how it could benefit when plowing snow.

4. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

My plow is beat up a bit. A few years back a girl in a Neon thought her car was tougher than my plow, guess not. So I either need to replace the plow or spend some time with the welder and torch replacing braces that were damaged. I just don't want to have any problems with it while plowing.
    I will find out cost before doing anything, but needed to know if it would work.

5. wxmn6

Just a suggestion - why not sell the whole plow setup and get a brand new one? I would image that just the plow and A frame would cost nearly as much as a new unit would cost. Much less problem that way.

6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Your going to have trouble findin one cause fisher only made a limited run and supposedly arent making anymore this winter.

Jay

7. wxmn6

What do you mean by that they are not going to make any more this winter? :confused: I hope that they will continue to make more next year.

8. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare Member

They will definately be making the X-Blade for years to come. They probable stopped making them for the year because they are waiting to see how much demand there is for these blades. Also fisher sells most of their blades to dealers way before winter hits so there isn't much need to produce blades during the winter season. I also heard that they might be looking into making a stainless steel v-blade for the X-Blade line, now that would be a impressive looking plow. By the way I am picking up my 9 foot X-blade on monday ( I just had to have the best looking plow in the market).

9. wxmn6

That make sense to me. Now I wonder if Fisher see a high demand for X-Blade that they could raise the price next year? :confused: