1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want to upgrade power cables

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Dec 20, 2010.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well I am ready to upgrade my power cables going from truck to plow. After reading some posts is seems cheaper for me to do myself....so I just have a couple of questions.

1.) How big gauge cable should I (or can I) go?

2.) How do you connect the cables to Anderson Connectors? Will I need a special tool or do I need to learn to solder?

Thanks for any help.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Depends on how big you want to go. My ebling has 1 gauge on it. Then I have to use the warn winch quick disconnects I put the terminal in a vice then strip the wire to size. Then I set the wire aside and heat the terminal up and keep applying heat until the terminal is filled with solder. Then while it is still warm and liquified I put the wiring in and hold it until it hardens. It doesn't take long, maybe 5 mins for the solder to harder.