1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want To Trade

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by snerdy, Sep 26, 2010.

1. snerdy

snerdy Member

I would like to trade my 7.6ft western pro plow, for an hts or midweight. I have the ultrmount set up on my 2010 gmc sierra, and only want the plow side set up. Way upstate NY by Lake Placid. Thanks.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The truck sides are different on the smaller plows ;)

3. snerdy

snerdy Member

Everything I see reverts to the 31599 plow mount for 2007-2010 Sierra/Silverado 1500 ultramount receivers and hooks all appear to be the same, as well as the iso mod and all wiring.

4. snerdy

snerdy Member

Also, I installed everything myself and did all the research. I have a really nice 7.6 steel pro plow with the 4 heavy springs and thicker steel, I am afraid that it may be too much weight, I put a 1" strut lift in the truck and the plow still brings the front down quite a bit.

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

The smaller plows use smaller receivers and shims to make up the difference........I jumped the gun saying the actual mounts were different.

6. snerdy

snerdy Member

So, I guess my question would be if the 700lb pro will be ok on my 1/2 ton 2010 gmc reg cab that I have beefed up a bit? I had the plow on a Dodge Ram 1500 previously with no problems. This is the first gmc in years, the last one I had was a 1987 high sierra that had dual shocks in the front and a very heavy diamond plow, and It finally dropped @ 245000 miles.What I would give to have one like that in pristine condition!

7. NorthernPlowman

NorthernPlowman Member

I hope it is. cause I have a 8ft pro on my half ton but have timbrens and it only drops maybe inch or so.