1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want to trade 8.5 western unimount plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Kingofkossuth, May 20, 2009.

1. Kingofkossuth

Kingofkossuth Junior Member
    from Ohio

This spring I purchased a used 8.5 Western unimount plow with mount and harness. I have the the mount and harness hooked up to my truck, which is a 97 Dodge Ram 1500. The plow blade is a bit too heavy for my truck. It is in good shape. It has been repainted and has your normal wear and tear for being a few years old, but is very sturdy and there is nothing structurally wrong with it. I am looking for a 7.5 or 8' Western plow blade/lights to trade for mine. I am not willing to pay anything in the trade so don't even ask. Ideally I want to trade even up, but if someone has a rough blade then I will probably want some $ in return. I will be very fair. My phone number is 419-394-4379 and my name is James Vogel. I live in NW Ohio (Lima). I am looking for for someone fairly local, but if nothing comes of that I may look at some of you a state or two away. Thanks.

For those who posted in my other listing I am sorry. I tried to post some photos and it said to do that I needed to create a new post to do that.

Plow Photo Resized 1.jpg

Plow Photo Resized 2.jpg

Plow Photo Resized 3.jpg

Plow Photo Resized 4.jpg

Plow Photo Resized 5.jpg

2. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I'd be all over this if you're willing to make a trip to Chicago.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

If you don't work a deal with aff, I have a few plows to offer you too ;)

4. coryservices

coryservices Junior Member

I would be willing to trade with you for a unimount 7'6" good shape needs paint about like yours would be willing to meet you half way thanks

5. koko1485

koko1485 Junior Member
    from Indiana

plow trade

I live in marion,in 46952-

I have a 7 1/2' looks to be in same condition as yours if you want to drive here let me know.

thanks
    jeff-
    leanne@comteck,com
    765-506-4417

6. 4man

4man Junior Member

are you still looking to trade?

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Yeah, never heard anything. I'm still interested and willing to do some driving...

8. Kingofkossuth

from Ohio

affekonig, sorry I didn't reply. This got put on the back burner and it has been a while since I looked at it. I am still looking to trade, was curious what you have? I'm not really wanting to drive to Chicago, but I would consider driving an hour or two.

4man, yes I still have my plow, hasn't moved from the pictures a few months ago. What do you have?

9. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

I'am in Ann Arbor, MI have a nice 7.5 would trade if interested call 248-660-4788 Chris

10. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I also have a 7.5 Unimount Pro.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Once again (if we're going in order) if you and affekonig don't work something out, I have several to chose from. Std's, 3 spring and 4 spring Pro's.

12. Kingofkossuth

from Ohio

Okay, thanks everyone for posting. Chris, sorry I missed your calls. I tried calling you back this afternoon, but didn't get a hold of you. I would like to see photos of the plows for trade and then I'm willing to make a decision. My email is jimvogel@watchtv.net. If any of you could send me a couple photos that would be great. As I said before I am willing to drive a couple hours , but don't really want to take my truck much farther than that. Thank you very much.

13. Kingofkossuth

from Ohio

Some of you may have read this post some time ago. I was not able to work anything out. I am looking to trade a Western Unimount 8.5' plow (plow only). It works great. It is a few years old and has been repainted, but in good shape. I bought it last winter and never got use it. I have it on my 97 Dodge Ram 1500 and the plow is just too big/heavy for the truck. I want to trade for a Western Unimount 8' or 7.5'. I am only willing to trade straight up, so please don't ask otherwise. Last year I got some good replies, but they were from quite a ways away. I am located near Lima, Ohio and would like to find a plow within 50 miles or so. Don't want to go too far.

14. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

I would be interested in trading. I can meet you at the mich ohio border or somthing.

15. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

For what its worth, there is only like a 50lb difference if you go down to an 8' plow. You should just consider Timbrens or somehting as it might be easier. Best of luck.

16. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Rather than swapping the whole plows, it may be easier just to swap mold boards (the blade itself). Especially for travel and loading/unloading. I have a 7.5 pro freshly sandblasted ready for paint and assy. I'll swap ya.

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

A half ton Dodge would never handle that 8.5, especially filled with snow. Yeah it can transport it if need be, but that truck is not suited for the job. A pro is pushing it, let alone one that big. If it's a Sport it'll take an 8'er but not too willingly! 3/4 coils help.

18. ShadmorePlowing

ShadmorePlowing Junior Member

I have a 7 1/2' Uni-Mount (2 spring) that I would be willing to discuss a trade. I re-painted it this past summer (looks great). If you want to email me, we can talk more about it. I live in Rochester, NY and would be willing to work out meeting with you. (ShadmorePlowing@gmail.com)

If Kingofkossuth plow doesn't work out, I am looking for a 7 1/2' - 8 1/2' uni-mount (pro plow only). Needs to be in good conditon, and I am only willing to trade (maybe a few bucks for the right deal).