1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want to solicit your idea of Snoway Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jerie212, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Jerie212

Jerie212 Junior Member

I'm new to this site and everyone seems pretty friendly. This would be my first venture of plowing and greatly appreciate if you can help me of my dilemma. I have 98 Dodge RAM 1500 and considering what plow is best. Seems that Snoway HT weight 475 is well recommended. I like the idea of Down pressure, however its moldboard is only 25" and not so strong. Please share to me your experienced about this product. Better yet, recommend what you think is best.
    Thank you and more power!!
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Welcome to Plowsite!:drinkup:

Try using the Search feature, the icon is on the upper right part of the page. There's all kind of info available at your fingertips. If you have further questions, just add them to the existing threads, someone is sure to answer.

Happy surfing!
  3. wyldman

wyldman Member

That would be the right plow for your truck.You don't need a higher moldboard.The Snoway has a pretty steep attack angle,and a pretty good curvature so it rolls the snow well,and will not spill over the top unless it's really deep.If it's that deep,you truck won't push it anyways.

They are plenty strong.I have 4 of them,and never a problem with moldboard strength.Have punched a few holes in the Lexan,but that was due to abuse,and replacing with a thicker piece solved the problem.They did have a few structural problems years ago,but they have been rectified.

They do make taller plows,but they are too big for your half ton.Remember too,that Snoways do not include the truckside mount in their plow weights.Even with the mount added though,they are still lighter than most.
  4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

snoways are good at rolling the snow, so they dont need a super tall moldboard

Big Nate's Plowing has attached this image:
    Big Nate's Plowing has attached this image:
  5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I Have a 7.5 Blizzard on my 2001 Ram 1500. Weight is only 550 lbs With the high mold board it moves the snow very well.
  6. Angelo

Angelo Junior Member

I have a 98 dodge ram 1500 and have the snoway mt90 on it. One thing is you need about 400-500lbs of ballast in the back of the truck to keep your traction besides that it did great . I did mostly driveways and a few smaller lots (20 car lots) with no problems.