1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

want to sell my plow, whats it worth

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by onus, Mar 1, 2012.

1. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

I got the electric speed cast on my 91 f250. Well long story short the truck is getting parted and scrapped due to rotted out frame. Anyways i have a 8ft speedcast, full wiring, harness, controls, etc. Is on the truck and works perfectly. I used it last winter to plow my driveway when we got all the snow. Trying to figure out what this thing is worth. It could use a cutting edge.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This time of year you'll be lucky to get a few hundred for it.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Fixed that for you Buddy;)

was the plow new with the truck?

4. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

Well I'm guessing it probably did come with the truck seeing how rusty the frame on this thing is. It's seen a ton of salt but the body is relatively clean compared to the frame. could have been in a wreck or had body work done. I'm not going to sell it now but in the summer when I'm pulling it apart. @ 165,000 miles the frame is the worst I've ever seen on these trucks. I have a 343,000 mile idi diesel and it is much much cleaner and it's seen salty roads all its life.

I'd keep it but I'll only have 2wd drive trucks left after i get rid of this one. I was guessing about maybe $500 max if i was lucky.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hard to find a truck to bolt it on.

6. onus

onus Junior Member
    from CT

I'm looking i see quite a few trucks. Should bolt on 1980-1991 trucks. I can get another truck for under 2k.

7. blazer1995

blazer1995 Junior Member

i have a snowbear limited plow that came off a 95 chevy blazer and i was just wondering how much can i get for the whole setup