1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

want to know how blizzard plows are

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbjw@netins.net, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jbjw@netins.net

jbjw@netins.net Junior Member

Hi my question is just to those people who have blizzard plows i want to know what you think of them.

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I am very pleased with mine. I have the 760lt. Plow works great on my F150. Wish there was a little more weight to the plow (550lbs) for back dragging. This is my first year with the plow and all is well so far. Plow does stack snow very well IMO.

John

100_0612 (Small).JPG

3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

My Blizzard 810 is almost one year old. Has been a crappy winter :( But I have put about 60 hours on it. It has been flawless so far. Best plow I have used . :)

4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I am not totally satisfied with the Blizzard plows because I don't get any repair work. :rolleyes: LOL.

5. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Check with Up North,He runs a blizzard on his truck...

6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

The only plow allowed on our trucks .

7. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

getting one on mon will post pics next week

8. Robert Payer

Robert Payer Junior Member

Happy!!!

:redbounce purplebou :bluebounc I have had a Blizzard 810 on our dump tuck for a few months now. I am very happy. It saves us a lot of time. Few small problems though. A hose came lose and began to leak. I took it to the dealer being that Iwas unfamiliar with the plow. After knowing the problem, I could have repaired it my self. It was under warranty though. I also had a King bolt that lost the nut. I actually think that I plowed with it missing for a period of time. Found the nut one day and became suspitious. It was from my plow. It was put back on. Despite those to situations, I am very happy so far.

Nice plow, :angel: the mold board is higher. I like that for getting snow up over embankments.

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i just saw there cdrom video looks cool

10. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I just got my 810 this year and love it. Only one small problem, I want another one. I am planning on putting another one my 2500HD this spring.
    Robert, I had a similiar problem with one hose the first time out, gave it a little tightening and has been fine since. I did the install myself. Mainly to learn about the plow and parts. Jerre will be installing my next one in Erie.

11. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

djd427....where you from? Im in scranton area.

12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Like Camland said, I run a Blizzard. I really like it, no problems so far other then a broken cutting edge but that was my fault not the plow's. And it froze up on me one morning at -28 degrees...a few hours in the heated shop and it was good to go. Mine is the 760LT like clncut's. And I agree with him that a little more weight would be nice for backdragging...but then it would be also be a heavier load for the 1/2 ton trucks. So I guess we have to give a little somewhere. I plow a few small commercial lots, and the rest are residential. It's gotten a good work out this year as we've had a ton of snow.

All in all, when you compare the cost of the Blizzard vs. Fisher, Western, Boss, Curtis, etc., IMO it's a no brainer. But that's just my opinion and don't base a decision on one guy's opinion. Good luck with the decision.

Buck

13. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

get wide

great plow happy as can be but dont know what im going to do whent it breaks cant short chain it

14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Hey Thundercat,
    When you bought the plow they should have given you one extra pin. It is in case of a breakdown or if transporting a long distance...run the plow up onto a pile and there is a set of holes underneath the A frame, insert pin and back away. Plow remains in the "up" position and drive to the shop. That is the way my 760LT is set up, I would assume the other models have that feature...but look under the A frame and see if you spot those holes.

Buck

15. REED384

REED384 Senior Member

in my oppion there is no outher . had mine 4 years and very few break downs.
    am getting a new one in spring as mine is outdated.but will use as backup :bluebounc

16. clncut

Get the blade up off the ground using a snowpile or other object. There is a set of holes that line up to insert a third pin that holds the plow off the ground in case of a malfunction.

17. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

djd427....where you from? Im in scranton area.

NEPSJay, I am about 10 miles north of Scranton.

18. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Consider the polar cutting edge if you want better backdragging results. Due to lack of snow, I haven't been able to try it out on all of my accounts and give it a full review, but I was impressed just playing around with it after the install. I know it will save a lot of time on those tough residentials that require back dragging.

19. clncut

QUOTE]Consider the polar cutting edge if you want better backdragging results. Due to lack of snow, I haven't been able to try it out on all of my accounts and give it a full review, but I was impressed just playing around with it after the install. I know it will save a lot of time on those tough residentials that require back dragging.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Ill look into that.

20. manwoaplow

manwoaplow Junior Member

My brother put the 810 on his Dodge 2500 CTD this year and I have just
    been covering his plow routes for the last week while he was in Florida. The
    plow is great .... it rolls the snow like no other plow I've seen and with the
    wings going wide you can move alot of snow. My father also put a 810 on his
    Dodge 2500 CTD last year after plowing with a fisher for 25+ years and he
    says he would never get another plow, as he likes to say " you can't beat the
    Cummins/Blizzard combo" and I agree.