1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want to know about AGMG

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rich Arlington, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

I am Rich Arlington III CSP CLP, I am here to answer questions you may have about Affiliated Grounds Maintenance Group Inc.

So ask away
  2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Rich.....Its nice to see you on here...I have a Question?...What makes Affiliated Grounds Different for other Nationals i.e..USM, Dentco, Springwise...How are you going to reinvent the wheel....Thanks ...
  3. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

Basically what makes us different is that Myself Crystal, and Mike Nelson have over 25 years experience as snow contractors ourselves. so we get it. Other items are we deliver on what we promise both to the customer and the contractor. We are here to answer questions, deal with problems, and truely understand what you are up against.
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Since your asking. Are you out fishing to get work? I get your e mails every other day asking for bids. I don't think that may places are calling you. And it seems you retract asking for bids a lot. So I'm wondering if your out asking for bids and then trying to submit it to different companies hoping to get the contract.
  5. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

it is nice to see one of these groups actually representing themselves on here (Unlike a certain other company :rolleyes: that had a rep show up for 2 posts then remain quiet)
  6. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Well Rich glad you are here! I am looking forward to meeting you next week at the SIMA Build a Bid Workshop.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

That's exactly how nationals operate.
  8. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

Grandview, in relation to your question... yes we always have the right to solicite bids... as far as I know there has only been one retraction and it was Wachovia. The guy we work with got let go when Wells Fargo came in and they stopped the bidding....

At AGMG we dont win alot of the bids because we only ask for quotes from companies like yourself and I am sure you are not the cheapest in your market. We do not want to work with contractors we have to babysit that is why we dont have 7000 account managers sitting in our office. that being said we are not the cheapest National company bid and if that is the only qualifier for the client than it usally goes to you know who. Current just FYI we have had over 200 RFPs so far this year. so yes we do get alot of RFPs.

Bossman, just make sure you introduce yourself at the Build A Bid in Columbus.
  9. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

Just remember that just like your local market, there are more bad than good Nationals... we are one of the good ones because we are still contractors in Erie Pa. I have owned and operated Arlington Lawncare since 1986 and still own and operate it today....I would never take advantage of a contractor they are too important to our growth...
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

HI Rich,
    Any plans to move into the Canadian market?
  11. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Are you guys mainly east coast? Do you come into the Chicagoland market at all?
  12. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

I read your philosophies on your web page and I have to say I like it. If you were in my market I would consider working for you.
  13. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

He has put out RFP's out for all over the Midwest including Chicagoland and Indiana. For those that don't know Rich, he's is a stand up guy. I have declined to ever bid on work with any national company until I met him for the obvious reasons. It just goes to show that not all can be judged the same. Glad to have you on here Rich! I'm sure your gonna be busy answering questions!
  14. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

What States are you contracting in?
  15. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

Dodge Ram 1996. we currently have contracts in 27 different states... mostly snow states
    but we do have a large southeast division.

Johnny Royale, at the current time we have plans of moving into Canada but have not worked out all the business legal stuff yet.

Sullivan Septic, we do have a whole Mid West office Mike Nelson heads that up and is located in Napierville.

Just remember guys, the reason AGMG was started 12 years ago was to combat the other low price low quality Nationals. we stand up for contractors and we give you a voice in this type of market..... this is definitely an up hill battle we are fighting but little by little AGMG truely is making a difference.
  16. Rich Arlington

Rich Arlington Member

Johnny Royale, I will be conducting a Build A Bid seminar at Landscape Ontarios office Sept. 1st. are you going to be there... and if so can we get 5 minutes and meet up.
  17. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I did see that in a recent email from LO and was strongly considering it.
  18. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

If you make yourself available, honestly and openly address the concerns of the contractors you deal with and treat them fairly, (oh yeah ~ and do what's right for the client) you'll be light years ahead of the big bad giant.

As big as they are, one would think they could at least window-dress and spin a positive PR.

Cricket noise just doesn't cut it. :dizzy: Especially when you announce and assign a soul to monitor and address the concerns of many here.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  19. buckwheat_la

I would like to point out too, that using plowsite as a resource well most definetly work in your favor, being able to see more about the personalities of the contractors on here, what they are capable of etc. Imagine if (as a big community) someone was able to go to a big client (such as lets say Walmart) as a example, and lay out not just the money saved, but to have done the research on each WM, know which contractors are in good standing with the WM they do, and work with those contractors. I am sure USM and Corporate WM are hating dealing with all the cheap lowballers, with a pickup, who didn't do their WM stores very well and all the pissed store managers who lost great contractors over a couple of bucks, etc.
  20. buckwheat_la

more like a soul monitor to try and shut up as many people as possible, with BS!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.