1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want To Buy 89-91 Ford Dana 60 front axle parts Northern Chicago subs

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ERWbuilders, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ERWbuilders

ERWbuilders Senior Member

Im looking for caliper brackets, and spindles for a front dana 60 ford axle. If anyone has some parts let me know i need them ASAP!

2. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure if those are interchangeable with a Dana 50 or not...I'm thinking they may be, might give you some more options if they are.

3. ERWbuilders

I know the spindles are the same size exept the collar on the inside that slids into the knuckle is not long enough therefore the only thing holding the wheel on would be the 5 studs that the spindle bolts too...one hard bounce and bye bye wheel. on the other hand the caliper bracket isnt formed into the knuckle like the newer ball joint style d60s and d50s. Im not sure about a d44 straight axle, Im not sure about the caliper brackets if there single or dual piston. Id defanatly want the duals so i gotta rule that one out. these are what im looking for though
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=d60+caliper+bracket&view=detail&id=27B84D29D7FC9A22B541340D70654B85F57A781E&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

4. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Other than your local sources, all I can suggest is to hit the Ford and offroad forums to see what you can find then.

I know that guys doing solid axle swaps from 50's to 60's state the brake stuff is a direct bolt on, but, I don't know exactly 'where' they are bolting it on.

Good luck with your search though!

5. ERWbuilders

yea ive been doing a lot of it...there is a lot of bolt on stuff but only certian years and finding the stuff is like a needle in a haystack

6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

give this guy a call, i think he does have some in his junyard..641-628-2755. His name is doug.

7. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

if you wanna travel to central iowa area i know a few guys that have them. and doug probably has 30 of them like wahlturf said.

8. ERWbuilders

I found some guys, Thanks though...California shipping this morning both spindles and caliper brackets 165.

9. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

If you want to travel to new jersey i have a 1991 ford f350 with dana 60s going to the junk yard in the next feew weeeks. Willing to sell the axels for a cheap price if your intersted in them.

10. ERWbuilders

How much for the axles?

Ill give you the scrap price for the truck if you want to give the whole truck!

11. RIVERVIEW7

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I sent you a pm with my number in it