1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

want to ad some flashers, any help would be great

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by tom18287, May 12, 2013.

1. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

hey guys,

just bought a brand new f350 dump truck. i want to ad some LED flashers.

I don't care about patterns. i just want to hit one of my upfitter switches and have them flash. i want 2 grommet mount on the front cab protector, and two grommet mount on the rear.

1. will this be bright enough? i'd rather not have a beacon.

2. what do i need to do this and what am i looking at for cost? i will install and wire my self.

3. is it possible to have them go on with my directionals, or is that a whole other pain in the ass thing?

thanks a lot.:mechanic:
  2. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

I added some to the back of our snow ex spreader that I tied into the upfitter switch on the Dodge. Look on E bay, there was a company in Md you could get master and slave flashers that are under 90 dollars to your door per pair. I dont know anything about tying them into your directionals so maybe someone else will have the answer for that.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

are you talking like the 6" oval lights??
  4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

You're 100% Right. The best thing to do when it comes to any dump truck is LED's on the back and in the cab protector... Its just me personal favorite. The Ovals are really nice because some even have built in patterns so you just set them once and its locked in. I've done a few trucks of my own with great success. Best thing to do is go to your local LED/ Police upfitter store and see what they recommend in terms of a 6" oval amber light.
  5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You can get just about any led to flash. I did some on a topkick. I believe they were grote? Or something like that