1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want more snow please!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 94gt331, Jan 9, 2013.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

january 9 next 10 days no snow in the forecast and temps in the high50's and low 60's. I need snow. It snowed 2 times in dec, I'm just hopen for more to make up for last year. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
  2. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Indeed we all could use more snow... Where are you located?
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Been looking go so far.
  4. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Please keep your wanted snow out of my area. Thank you
  5. terraventure

terraventure Member

I just need it to snow in our hourly and per storm accounts.
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I think we all could use more snow!
  7. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Central Pa area. Winters arent normal here anymore it feels like where headed south.
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'm in S central PA. I had 3 events so far.

Truthfully, I think you need to go to church and ask for more snow. hahahaha

Sometimes I think you have to be careful what you wish for in life. I like the slow and steady pace myself. Hopefully she (mother nature) does too. I also didn't climb out onto a skinny branch and hope it's going to hold. If it doesn't snow again this year, I'll still be able to get by. Right now snow is all extra income for me even though I spent a sum of money to be able to plow snow, I still don't have to worry about a bank/lender calling me telling me they need payment on a new truck and plow or they will have to come and take it. I've read horror stories on here from years past about the exact issue. I'll be damned if I'm going to put myself in that situation. Matter of fact, I'm actually adding a large amount of seasonal paying customers. I am finally getting a 12 month income that covers monthly bills going into my 6th season. I want snow removal to be extra income (claimed of course) so I can afford to buy more equipment ( I WANT A Ventrac :)...) while the summer work covers the year.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

We haven't had a "Triggered" event yet. I have done a couple clean ups and some salting on my commercial stuff but yet to get a full push in at all my accounts. I think I heard on the local news the other day that GR is something like 12 inches behind, being that we are on the lake shore, I would dare to bet that we are double to triple that deficit
  10. bayfish

bayfish Junior Member

We got zero last year and zero so far this year.
  11. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

We have had ZERO PUSHABLE snow here this year, but salt runs in the books so far here in Chicago. Afew guys got lucky with "lake effect" and got to push but that is it. Last year we had three paushable evernt and the last one was trying to push it faster than it melted. So we need it just as bad as anyone, so send it this way as well :)
  12. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

We had one 7" blizzard. Not near enough. This is sad. Two awful years in a row. A LOT of guys are going to go belly up this year I think.
  13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I hate to see it happen. On the other hand, I picked up enough plowing accounts all at once that I HAD to put a plow on my truck. Heck, I didn't even have the plow and had landed the accounts. I didn't go out and buy a new truck and a new plow with a 2K salt spreader. I went out and found a great deal on a Meyer ploy blade complete with wiring for $2700 installed. Came with new A frame and frame mounting kit. If it doesn't snow again, I'm not out at all. Matter of fact, the 3 small events we had paid for the plow already! :)
  14. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I am not happy about the lack of snow.....or am I? The nice weather has people calling for digging and grading jobs, I bet I have nearly a 6 weeks of back log now.....plus all the stuff I figured on finishing in the spring......at this point, I almost hope we don't get any snow now....
  15. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

You know, as a full time mechanic for a small public transit operation south of Holland, It has really been nice to be able to sleep my normal hours this season and not have to be dripped on while under the vehicles servicing them:nod: On the other hand, at this rate, it doesn't look like I will be camping much this summer since a good portion of my plow income is used for vacations. I would be happy with about 2-3 inch events Friday and Saturday nights through the rest of the winter just so I can bank enough to have some fun this summer. If not, I may have to buy a few cars, fix them up, and sell them to make some vacation money...
  16. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

3 plows in this year ( 1 all day snow storm that i got 1/2 my accounts for a 2nd plow the same day) then a couple days later was the other plow. Was great $ but would love to have more consistant work. No snow fri/sat/sun morning please! Oh hell, you know ill be out there regardless mother nature.
  17. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

We got nothing here. 360 consecutive days without a snow over 1 inch. Its hell around here for snow plowing
  18. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Wow you guys in Chicago are probaly ready to sell your plows
  19. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

I'm like the rest of you ,been doing my snow dance everyday .we need more then last year. last few winters havn't been to productive in the snow department.
  20. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Coastal NH is among the areas singing the blues. We have had one plowable event here this season, and last season had a total of 4 events. Looks discouraging, but all that may change come February, right?