1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Want Ford or chevy with dump bed plus V plow.

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Milwaukee, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

We look for F350 to F550 and Chevy 3500 hd.

Need have dump bed and V plow.

Year can be 1993- present depend how condition and rust.

Would like to have diesel and 4X4.
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Bear in mind Mil that the 90's 3500HD GM's were only offered in 2wd. 19.5 rims and a taller grille on those trucks. Regular 3500's were available as 4x4's, std grille with 16" rims.
  3. Milwaukee

I have see 3500HD at college it look tough but how come they don't offer 4X4 with solid axle that be tough like Ford superduty.

I am surprise that no one have for sale.
  4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

3500HD Chev's were on the P-series chassis, not the C/K chassis like the pickups. Different frame and axles, the P-series chassis is what they used for the delivery "step vans". There are 4x4 conversion kits for them, but they're quite spendy.
  5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

A buddy of mine in Brighton has a 1997 F350 dump in Brighton. It does have a 460 though. Some rust issues. He has a Western V plow on it. PM me and I'll give you his #
  6. Turkey

Turkey Member

Would you consider a Dodge? My father in law has his mid-late 90's dodge for sale, Cummins, Auto (1 year on rebuild), 4X4, with a 3 year old boss 9'2" V.
  7. Milwaukee

Ok 97 F350 too old to use for work

I am not sure about that Dodge with cummins. I would want that but my boss maybe say no due old but do you have pictures of that truck? Does it have dump bed?

How far you from Detroit?

Couldn't edit post. My boss would like 1999 or up but would accept if it nice shape and low miles.
  8. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

9. HHLandscaping

HHLandscaping Junior Member
    from Ilinois