1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

WANT- Chevy 1500 88-98 ultramount

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GripTruk, Dec 31, 2005.

1. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I have a 97 tahoe

I am getting an ultramount set up for a Ford so I need the mounts for my truck instead.

Chevy 1500 1988-1998

Any wiring would be good too if someone has the whole deal.

Thanks - Jer.

2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Really need this... I'd love to avoid paying full retail, I know someone's got this sitting around.

3. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

i believe i have what you need,we had a western plow on a 98 chevy and the truck was sold so we bought the mount for our ford ,is this the one with the small under carriage ,and the plow motor and all comes off when the blade is taken off with two plugs and four pins with the foot.also have wiring.

4. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I'm afraid you are describing a unimount setup.

The ultramount does not use 4 pins, it has two latches that kind of swing up and clamp the plow onto the truck.
    like so...
    [​IMG]

Too bad, thanks for looking though...

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

getting worried i'm going to have to pay full retail for this!
    (the horror)

I found an auction for one but there's no buy it now and it still has 5 days to go, then it has 5 days of shipping.. that's a long time.

6. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

Yeh Sorry Griptruk No Luck Here , I Dug That Frame Out It Is A Uni Mount. Sorry But I Keep An Eye Out Here ,these Guys Sweat When No Snow And They Sell Fast So I Keep An Eye Out.good Luck

7. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Hey, thanks for looking for me!

I think I've got a line on a mount now, so I might be all set, and I guess i'm just going to buy the electrical new.

-Jer